New KHL podcast

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
That's nice. I wanted to subscribe to this in my podcast app, Pocket Casts (and I also tried the Playapod app), but it's currently unavailable there. Hopefully, the podcast will get listed in all the usual catalogs and get the standard, wide distribution.

Is there a Russian-language KHL podcast, perhaps, too? I might listen to it as well, to brush up on my Russian skills... (And it would feel slightly more natural than listening to an English-language podcast with Russian accents, hehe.) :naughty:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
That's nice. I wanted to subscribe to this in my podcast app, Pocket Casts (and I also tried the Playapod app), but it's currently unavailable there. Hopefully, the podcast will get listed in all the usual catalogs and get the standard, wide distribution.

Is there a Russian-language KHL podcast, perhaps, too? I might listen to it as well, to brush up on my Russian skills... (And it would feel slightly more natural than listening to an English-language podcast with Russian accents, hehe.) :naughty:
Yes, there is the Russian one. See. It is called «Лёдкаст»

Btw. Eronko is from Latvia, but yeah, living in Russia.

Reactions: Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Ha! Now that's funny. It's actually the same podcast! That's got to be confusing.

If you search for "Icecast" in Pocket Casts (and other podcast apps, I guess), nothing comes up. But if you search for "Лёдкаст", there it is right away, and you can subscribe. (Not many people outside of Russia will be able to type "Лёдкаст" on their mobile device, though.)

And it's not really new (as of September 2019). It appears that the first episode was back in March, and it's intended to be a weekly podcast.

What's new is that they have just released the first English-language episode, but it's under the same podcast feed as the Russian ones – "Лёдкаст".

It would be better for the KHL to separate them into two podcast feeds, so that listeners can subscribe only to the English edition, or only to the Russian edition, or to both. (I'd subscribe to both, and that's currently the only option.)

Reactions: Exarz

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
So I've listened to the first 3 episodes now and I am impressed so far. They talk a lot of business side which, for me, is fantastic. I hope they continue it.

They could do more to promote it maybe? and as @Faterson says, chance the name or include 'Icecast' in English in the title.

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Who listened to IceCast with Noora Räty and Jari Kurri? Noora talks about the Russian WHL and her experience playing in Russia. Did you know that even a team from China plays in the Russian WHL? Jari, on the other hand, is delighted that Jokerit Helsinki is playing for KHL instead of Finland. Anyone surprised by this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad