New $ Keeper H2H League Looking for 2 GMs

Big Kjell

Apr 12, 2009
San Francisco
I've been successfully running two keeper leagues beginning in 2009 and I'm told they are the best run keeper leagues anyone has ever joined. Now, I'm starting a 3rd league in large part built on the successful formula of the other two. We just announced it and already have 14 GMs. We are looking for two more GMs. The Inaugural Auction starts on August 30.

Please review the summary below and send me an email if you're interested in taking a closer look at the full rule set. Our GMs are incredibly active so be prepared for some intense game play with lots of trading and fun year-round activities.

Thanks,

KJ
[email protected]

----------------------

WORLD HOCKEY LEAGUE (“WHLâ€) is a long-term money league based on NHL player salary “cap hits†and with Head-to-Head competition. WHL General Managers (“GMâ€) not only decide on roster building but also on how to manage salary cap and contract expirations over time. WHL uses “FAAB†(virtual cash) as a form of payment for various activities, awards and trade currency.

Playing in the WHL requires year-round participation. There is an active offseason with many activities, including bidding for RFAs and UFAs and a general draft, and it’s essential managers play hard year-round.

SUMMARY

• 16 teams with weekly Head-to-Head competition and no divisions
• The top 8 teams in the regular season enters a "Cash Playoffs"
• The bottom 8 teams in the regular season enters a "FAAB Playoffs"
• Each playoff round lasts 2 weeks. Any extra days are added to the last round.
• $50 annual entry fee, incl. CBS fees.
• The anticipated prize pool is $700 (subject to CBS fee). $100 to the winner of the regular season. The winner in the Cash Playoffs wins $400 and the runner-up $200.
• 20 equal-weight scoring stats
• Most categories win the match, with no tiebreakers during the regular season. Best team in the regular season is the tiebreaker in the playoffs.
• Teams will play one match against each of the other 15 teams. Remaining matches will be based on an unbiased lottery at the start of the season.
• Regular season standings tiebreakers are division record and winning percentage. Final tiebreaker is last year’s standings (higher wins).
• Teams will receive 5 rounds of General Draft picks for 3 years
• 15 active players and max 5 reserve players each night
• Between 1 and 2 active goalies each night
• Positions are C, RW, LW, D and G
• Salary cap is 117.5% of NHL salary cap in the first season and 115% of the NHL salary cap in the second season
• No more than 3 goalies combined between major, bench and minor rosters
• Max 5 minor players with a $8 million salary cap
• Max 8 prospects
• Max 4 IR, incl. LTIR, if any
• FAAB Awards for the 8 Cash Playoff teams are $10,000 FAAB per team
• FAAB Award for winning the Championship is $10,000 FAAB
• FAAB Awards for the 8 FAAB Playoff teams: winner wins $50,000 FAAB. Remaining teams will win $40,000 (runner-up), $35,000, $35,000, $25,000, $25,000, $25,000 and $25,000 (last place)
• Draft picks will be determined based on the playoffs: winner of FAAB Playoff wins 1st overall pick. The next 8 picks will go to the FAAB Playoff teams based on results in the playoff (last team wins 8th pick). The winner of the Cash Playoff gets the 16th pick. The remaining 8 picks go to the Cash Playoff teams based on order in the playoff (last team wins the 9th pick). The higher team in the regular season wins the tiebreaker.

Big Kjell

Apr 12, 2009
San Francisco
One of the GMs may be having to drop out due to work abroad so we're looking for one more GM, after all. We're planning on starting the auction in less than 48 hours so please email me if you want to join. This league promises to be intense and 15 GMs have paid and are rearing to go.

KJ

[email protected]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad