GDT: New Jersey @ Toronto - Tuesday 7:30 - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Edmundson blocked a lot of hard shots in the Carolina game. Was limping after a couple of them

Have to assume that's the reason for the injury. Might as well rest him now. We need him against the Bruins/Panthers

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Would like to see Toronto start to sharpen up in their own end, and start to get into playoff mode starting tonight. 12 Games left, you cannot go into the playoffs limping, need to start putting everything together.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would like to see Toronto start to sharpen up in their own end, and start to get into playoff mode starting tonight. 12 Games left, you cannot go into the playoffs limping, need to start putting everything together.
The lineup dressed tonight won't be the one that starts the playoffs.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Everyones focused on the Bruins and Panthers, hell were only 4 points up on Tampa, albeit it with a game in hand and we play Tampa twice down the stretch. While were in control, 3rd place in the Atlantic is far from secured
Even if we slide into a wildcard spot, it might not be the worst scenario for us under the circumstances.

Reactions: stickty111

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Everyones focused on the Bruins and Panthers, hell were only 4 points up on Tampa, albeit it with a game in hand and we play Tampa twice down the stretch. While were in control, 3rd place in the Atlantic is far from secured
Tampa is inconsistent, so they will likely lose a couple games in a row and stay where they are.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Even if they slip into a wildcard spot isn't it still conceivable that they end up with the Panthers anyway? I think I've just made my peace with the fact that to get to the cup they're going through Florida and Boston and it's just the order to be determined.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Even if they slip into a wildcard spot isn't it still conceivable that they end up with the Panthers anyway? I think I've just made my peace with the fact that to get to the cup they're going through Florida and Boston and it's just the order to be determined.
There's no "easy route" to the cup in the East, especially in the Atlantic, You can argue Philadelphia and whatever team finish in the last WC spot are the easier teams.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket and bax

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Even if we slide into a wildcard spot, it might not be the worst scenario for us under the circumstances.

Thats what i was thinking as well. Either way wel be classed as the underdog which i really hope goes to the boys heads and they play their hearts out. I can hope so at least

Reactions: Clark4Ever

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
There's no "easy route" to the cup in the East, especially in the Atlantic, You can argue Philadelphia and whatever team finish in the last WC spot are the easier teams.
Not to mention we all saw what happened in the bubble year when they had the “easy” road to the cup. I say screw it, beat the best to be the best. Feels better that was anyway.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Not to mention we all saw what happened in the bubble year when they had the “easy” road to the cup. I say screw it, beat the best to be the best. Feels better that was anyway.
Pretty much how we should be perceiving this and likely how they are perceiving it too.

Reactions: bax

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
who do we play if we drop below tampa ?
That would be A1 (likely the Panthers).

Reactions: bax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Leafs are 5 pts up on Tampa for third in the division. If they drop to the first WC spot they play the Rangers. I see that as a better matchup than Florida or Boston. Just sayin'.
WC1 will play the #2 seed. Today that is Florida while WC2 will play the #1 seed, NYR. The good thing this year is that nobody knows 100% who they will meet in round #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad