New j18 players 2024-2025 (born 2008)

Mr T

Jul 10, 2013
Leo Tjälldén, Sollefteå -> Luleå
Alfons Öberg, MoDo -> Skellefteå

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but just for my ignorant American perspective can you explain what you mean when you say "cleared for hockey gym"? Sounds like something related to school or maybe even a playing turning professional at the age of 16?

Thanks!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but just for my ignorant American perspective can you explain what you mean when you say "cleared for hockey gym"? Sounds like something related to school or maybe even a playing turning professional at the age of 16?

Thanks!

That’s what we call Swenglish (bad English). It means a player has accepted a spot at a ”hockey high school” run by an SHL or Allsvenskan organization. Usually they start with the U16 team and work themselves up through J18 and J20. Then only the cream of each age group end up playing professional hockey.

Last edited:

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
That’s what we call Swenglish (bad English). It means a player has accepted a spot at a ”hockey high school” run by an SHL or Allsvenskan organization. Usually they start with the U16 team and work themselves up through J18 and J20. Then only the cream of each age group end up playing professional hockey.

Questions answered, thank you!

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Elton Hermansson to Örebro.
Insert the "he can't keep getting away with it" meme.

Jesus christ.
Recruited Leo Carlsson from Färjestad, who developed into the nations best 04 and forward prospect in ages.
Amongst others, Kalle Carlsson was a super hyped youth hockey player a couple years ago, from the west coast.
Alexander Zetterberg was one of the most hyped youth hockey players we've had in a while, from Timrå. Also, jacked Liam Danielsson, the best 06 from Brynäs(also had a father who played for the team for a decade).
Numerous 07s, although none of the absolute best so far(I guess Radivojevic is the best one).
And now Hermansson.
And I'm just mentioned some of the most extreme examples. There are way more examples.
Obviously we're talking youth hockey hype(which is such a riddiculous thing in general) and I don't think most of these guys will turn out, at least on a NHL prospect level. But just stupid how they have run distance recruitment in the country in the last couple years.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Insert the "he can't keep getting away with it" meme.

Jesus christ.
Recruited Leo Carlsson from Färjestad, who developed into the nations best 04 and forward prospect in ages.
Amongst others, Kalle Carlsson was a super hyped youth hockey player a couple years ago, from the west coast.
Alexander Zetterberg was one of the most hyped youth hockey players we've had in a while, from Timrå. Also, jacked Liam Danielsson, the best 06 from Brynäs(also had a father who played for the team for a decade).
Numerous 07s, although none of the absolute best so far(I guess Radivojevic is the best one).
And now Hermansson.
And I'm just mentioned some of the most extreme examples. There are way more examples.
Obviously we're talking youth hockey hype(which is such a riddiculous thing in general) and I don't think most of these guys will turn out, at least on a NHL prospect level. But just stupid how they have run distance recruitment in the country in the last couple years.
Niklas Aaram Olsen from Norway as well, very talented 08

Justsaying

May 13, 2020
Of the top players, Björck & Nordmark to Djurgården. Söderström staying. Also hearing Kleffner is going there, but not sure. Several of the Stockholm Syd players are committed to DIF, so can't be that many spots available.

Not sure on the AIK players, many mixed signals, but Wadströmer is staying. Also heard Command could be going there, but also heard him going elsewhere.

Olsson bound for Örebro, Kusuki to Modo and Axelsson to Malmö.

To name a few.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
Any news about Brynäs? Should be many players not from the district because of the lack of quality players from Brynäs U16.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Sam Kusuki has made an early move from SDE to MoDo, likely due to SDE investing more in J18 success, where Kusuki isn’t included. Meanwhile their U16 squad isn’t even in Stockholm’s group A, and moving to MoDo means he’ll play at a higher level and probably in U16 SM later on.

hockeyskills08

Apr 4, 2023
Sam Kusuki has made an early move from SDE to MoDo, likely due to SDE investing more in J18 success, where Kusuki isn’t included. Meanwhile their U16 squad isn’t even in Stockholm’s group A, and moving to MoDo means he’ll play at a higher level and probably in U16 SM later on.
Only 1 forward left to join Modo for next season in J18. The rest is already there in U16 I presume.
Sorry my mistake 2 forwards are joining next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017
Only 1 forward left to join Modo for next season in J18. The rest is already there in U16 I presume.
Sorry my mistake 2 forwards are joining next season.
Emil Öberg
Alfons Öberg
Sam Kusuki
Sundberg Ziplies
Malcom Gästrin
John Hägglöff
Kristian Hägglöf
Neo Kristoffersson
(Sundström)

anyone else????

Ad

Upcoming events