OT: New HF Layout

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Can you provide the link for that??

I understand the need for the update, and I'm sure the backend is slick but the front end is hot garbage.. improved color scheme could change that though..

Yea if you look at the Trade Forum they colorized the thread prefixes, this makes it much easier to spot topics.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/trade-rumors-and-free-agent-talk.3/

One thing I am struggling with is telling which threads are read, just bold isn't enough, especially on mobile.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Is there anyway that "Fantasy Talk" can be moved below the "NHL Conference" sections? It shouldn't require that much scrolling to get to the team pages.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Also, if you click the time on the bottom right of the thread box on the main page, it will take you to the most recent post. Not sure if that was being asked above or not.

It is similar but previously there was a setting that when set opened any thread you select in date order descending. So if I clicked on the Barclays thread the most recent post opened on top followed by the next most recent post. Can that be set here?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It is similar but previously there was a setting that when set opened any thread you select in date order descending. So if I clicked on the Barclays thread the most recent post opened on top followed by the next most recent post. Can that be set here?

Not sure

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Just checked the settings under my account information and it doesn't look like it. I'm at work so I only looked briefly. However, you can set your threads to display more posts than the default 30.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Except for losing my screenname (password changed for some reason and I don't think I have access to the email anymore) I really like this new system. Super clean.

Furkmyster

May 5, 2007
Manitoba
On desktop this is terrible. Too much white everywhere. You can't tell where one poster stops and the next begins. I hope there will be some more tweaking to the layout.

Reactions: IslandersGER

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It's so....................white. I'm getting snowblind just looking at it.

One little thing that I used to like, you could hover over a thread with your cursor, but not open it, and a box would open and give you the first few sentences. Especially handy on the trade forum, to filter out the 'I offer you my crap for your superstar'. Probably easily fixable. Also, individual posts aren't separated enough visually. It's just messy.

Just checked this feature and it's working properly, so you can still do that.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I hate it!!!!

I didn't like the mobile version very much, but I started to use it even on the desk top version bc the ads in the background always hogged resources, tasked the CPU too much, and the mobile version didn't give me that problem.

I imagine that I'll get used to it eventually tho

Reactions: IslandersGER

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Few things...appreciate the update, kinda wish there was an in game chat feature that allowed us to chat during the GDT, instead of post/refresh/post/refresh which seems so 90s tbh.

as for the skin, definitely gotta chill with the bright white. it looks clean but its a bit harsh on the eyes. also, the font on the desktop site is a bit small, either that or i'm getting old. i know i can change it on my browser but it does mess with the proportions on the site a bit.

also, i have a hard time finding the last post time for a thread.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Browsing through the titles of threads on mobile is such a jumbled mess. It’s impossible to read through the mountains of clutter.

Inside a thread it’s alright, I guess.

Overall, huge disappointment. Thankfully Reddit has replaced the Internet forum anyway.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
On desktop this is terrible. Too much white everywhere. You can't tell where one poster stops and the next begins. I hope there will be some more tweaking to the layout.

Yup. Aside from a color change what they should do immediately is move the footer information all the way to the bottom of each post as opposed to about an inch below where the text stops.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I'm sure I am overlooking the obvious, but I can't figure out the quote feature here.

I click on "Quote" in the post I am looking to quote and I get a message that the post has been "added to multiquote" but I don't know how to get it into my actual post from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad