OT: New HF Layout

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Is there a way to reprioritize the forum listing, or to hide specific forums? With the redesign, the team forum links are further down the page, and I really don't need/read more than half of the forums listed above them. If I could either move that block to the top, or hide the ones I don't ever click on, it would be a big plus.

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
Agree about the time of the posts. Would like it to be at the top of the post maybe. Right now, it looks as if its a "Like" bc you have the username of the poster there right under the post. You only realize its not a like when there actually is a like.

The first thing I missed from the old site, besides that it was visually better, was the drop down list to change forums. I figured out that there is a little box on the top and bottom right, but the drop down list was better IMO.

Its the trend in websites these days though - they are all getting worse and worse. At least this site isn't divided into three columns though like some sites, where two columns are useless and the stuff you want to see is crammed into the middle.

test

Last edited:

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Definitely growing on me. Took some getting used to but that’s what happens when things change. I liked the old format but this one is fine with me so far.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I am now blocked from hfboards at work so put me in the camp of hating the new site.

Edit: the mobile site is much better tho, IMO. I haven't been innundated with ads....yet.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Mobile is sweet but it won't work on my desktop and I can't figure out why.

Tried to upload screenshots but server can't handle it but basically their is no content.

You'll see where "trade rumors.." "national hockey league talk" and whatnot are supposed to go but instead all I see is "discussions:7144" and I can't click anything.

Anyone with a clue? Is it my browser (chrome)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Mobile is sweet but it won't work on my desktop and I can't figure out why.

Tried to upload screenshots but server can't handle it but basically their is no content.

You'll see where "trade rumors.." "national hockey league talk" and whatnot are supposed to go but instead all I see is "discussions:7144" and I can't click anything.

Anyone with a clue? Is it my browser (chrome)

I use chrome and have never had an issue.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I am not hating it now...actually not bad with the color changes on the posting portion of the board..the main thread board still needs some major delinitaionism....i would also make the Forums link a drop down instead of bringing you to another page (either or both)...i know there is a teeny wittle box to the right, but on a large screen it is quite a bit out of the way.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Did I miss a movement or was everyone assigned Jason Voorhees masks as avatars? It looks like the same user posts over and over again
LOL, what are you seeing? For users where there is an unresolved avatar I see a question mark. Everyone else, including you, I see a normal avatar...

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
I just edited my post from last Thursday. I don't think that's a good thing. There should be some short amount of time where that is possible then its not open for editing anymore.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
LOL, what are you seeing? For users where there is an unresolved avatar I see a question mark. Everyone else, including you, I see a normal avatar...

I'm seeing this on multiple posters :laugh:

upload_2017-10-10_8-40-57.png

I used to have the question marks and now this. This is better and thought it was funny but wanted to know if anyone else saw the same thing. If not, maybe its a spoookkkyyy sign

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad