New forum software

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Shit..... we have more vocabulary at our disposal now it seems

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Love the aesthetics, and Think it was improved on Mobile.

If we're giving constructive feedback, two things.

1 - I'd like to see how many pages threads are without mousing over.

2 - autoplay. STOP IT!

Agreed. Overall, it looks nice, but there needs to be a way to turn off autoplay. A slightly dimmer background would be nice too.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Hate it. Took me forever to find the Off Topic section, and now I can't find it again.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Would like more customizable options like whether to display avatars or not. There is an option to change "themes" in preferences but there is only one option there so it can't be changed.You can also increase or decrease threads and posts displayed per page in there.

They're using the Soviet Union method.

Would be nice to have a greyscale background option so it's not like looking at the sun.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Shit..... we have more vocabulary at our disposal now it seems

Yep. The censorship filters have been lightened a bit. ;)

Agreed. Overall, it looks nice, but there needs to be a way to turn off autoplay. A slightly dimmer background would be nice too.

Would be nice to have a greyscale background option so it's not like looking at the sun.

This is a pretty common complaint about the migration. Admins will be looking at it, but there are a number of other items that take priority.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I actually prefer the mobile changes to the desktop ones, but I also don't use HF on mobile very often.
The best improvement IMO would be to remove all the extra white space spreading everything out - like mcpw said, zooming out helps a bit but the text then becomes annoyingly small

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I'd like to see how many pages threads are without mousing over.

That mouse-over thing is a triumph of form over function. It's the way websites are going -- more "dynamic," or to put it more accurately, more crappy. It's the kind of thing talentless hacks come up with to justify their jobs.

Reactions: Hollywood3

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

I wrote a small tampermonkey/greasemonkey script for myself to make the new the new HFBoards color scheme easier on the eyes (Reading that GDT from last night on that brightness nearly gave me a headache). This is what it looks like (https://i.imgur.com/3ewsMIy.png):

3ewsMIy.png

If anyone else is interested in using it. You can install it from here https://openuserjs.org/scripts/lord-voldemort707/HFBoards_Style_Changer (installation instructions on that page). It should work with both desktop Chrome and desktop Firefox (I don't know about mobile though). If you don't like that color scheme you can change it something more to your liking by modifying the script.

Reactions: kxx and KillEmAll83

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
TBH immediately after the migration I hated that a bunch of features were missing. Since then, they have been slowly re-added, and these new boards are getting much better. Really liking them now.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do we need a thread for Q&A's or a FAQ about the new SW?

I've been looking for a way to ignore a thread with no luck. That lead me to look for 'Help', also with no luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad