Post-Game Talk: New era begins with a win! 4-1 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Stanley.... He needs to sit forever.... He had some horrible plays, bad passing and on the Rangers goal, it sliding around on his knees for some reason, loses his guy and because hes facing the wrong way.... Samberg please!

Reactions: Gil Fisher

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I thought Stanley played fine as a 6-7 guy. What I hope happens is Samberg gets in and makes it impossible for the team to take him out. I think both Stanley and Schmidt need a strong partner so having them together is a recipe for disaster.

The second line didn't do much, I think Wheeler by far was the best player on that line. Perfetti skated himself into trouble a few times and his passing was off outside of a couple beauties. I'm not worried, he'll build his confidence. Dubois looks like he has to rediscover his game, which is shooting the puck, driving the net and banging bodies. I think with some time together that line will be fine.
PLD looked like he was playing hurt or disinterested or something...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
You despise the 2c for your team based on hearsay? Sad.
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, the player doesn’t have to say he would rather be playing somewhere else, that’s what player agents are for And can casually slip out a sneaky comment!

the second part of that post You commented on was uncalled for, I agree

Reactions: ps241 and Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, the player doesn’t have to say he would rather be playing somewhere else, that’s what player agents are for And can casually slip out a sneaky comment!

the second part of that post You commented on was uncalled for, I agree
There's a difference between a player wanting to play somewhere and them being a terrible person, aka pos.

I'm just going to start ignoring people who write this shit.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Hope Ehlers is good to go for next game, this looked like it could be a dominant year for him, so would suck to have injuries ruin it.
He's not expected to miss any time. No need to have him get injured in a practice. I do want to see Flow in a game but not at the expense of Ehlers. If Flow does play in game 2 likely Saku Marmalade comes out I would think.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There's a difference between a player wanting to play somewhere and them being a terrible person, aka pos.

I'm just going to start ignoring people who write this shit.

It looks like Dubois is going to be the whipping boy this year. I didn't like his first game but I expect him to on balance play hard and be good this year. It's in his best interest to do so whether he wants to stay or to leave.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
One thing we know for sure is Stanley isn't going to be the whipping boy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So if Dubois plays like shit... he don't get paid next year. If he's disinterested? I don't think he is, he played good enough. If Wheeler could score Dubois has 3 4 points.

He just needs to leave the playmaking to Perfetti and Wheeler and to take the puck to the net. He does that and that line starts to have more success. I found he was too focused on trying to be a playmaker on Friday.

Granted due to him being injured that line saw a game and a period together in preseason so likely have some stuff to still iron out.

Reactions: sipowicz and Jet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It'll be interesting to see where PLD lands this year for scoring or overall offense.

Through his career he's had a premier winger next to him almost every season, and is a career high 61 pt player.
Panarin, ehlers or Connor are 3 top 10-15 wingers, now he's with perfetti and Wheeler. Still good players but not to those guys level. Of course lines are fluid.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
This was a statement game. The team seemed to have FUN!

The fourth line is fantastic, I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best fourth lines ever. For the first time in ages I'm actually excited when the fourth line is on ice!!

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
This was a statement game. The team seemed to have FUN!

The fourth line is fantastic, I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best fourth lines ever. For the first time in ages I'm actually excited when the fourth line is on ice!!
This is probably the biggest change between last years jets and the extra speed and savy adds to the defensive system as well........we will make the playoffs and perhaps more.

Reactions: Tommigun

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It looks like Dubois is going to be the whipping boy this year. I didn't like his first game but I expect him to on balance play hard and be good this year. It's in his best interest to do so whether he wants to stay or to leave.

He's not the whipping boy, he's legitimately had a poor preseason and game 1... he hasn't shown much at 5v5... certainly not at the level of someone expected to be a 1C.

And if you think people are unfairly bagging on him due to him wanting out. 55 also supposedly wanted out and had a terrible exit interview but he has gotten nothing but praise from the fans to start he season because he's shown a great attitude and played well.

I hope his play improves as well but am cautious as his season of wanting out resulted in poor performances both in the Q with Cape Breton and with Columbus regardless of how much logically it was in his best interest to play his best. We will see.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's not the whipping boy, he's legitimately had a poor preseason and game 1... he hasn't shown much at 5v5... certainly not at the level of someone expected to be a 1C.

And if you think people are unfairly bagging on him due to him wanting out. 55 also supposedly wanted out and had a terrible exit interview but he has gotten nothing but praise from the fans to start he season because he's shown a great attitude and played well.

I hope his play improves as well but am cautious as his season of wanting out resulted in poor performances both in the Q with Cape Breton and with Columbus regardless of how much logically it was in his best interest to play his best. We will see.
He definitely hasn't played well as of yet. Also a bit different with Mark who came out and explained himself and has been very upbeat and happy since the middle of the summer. He also has been here almost a decade so he's earned the nenifet of the doubt. I'm quite sure many are quicker to dump on PLD due to people thinking he wants out, his play definitely doesn't help either.

Reactions: Jack7222 and ps241

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He definitely hasn't played well as of yet. Also a bit different with Mark who came out and explained himself and has been very upbeat and happy since the middle of the summer. He also has been here almost a decade so he's earned the nenifet of the doubt. I'm quite sure many are quicker to dump on PLD due to people thinking he wants out, his play definitely doesn't help either.
I think if he plays well there will be no dumping on him. See Trouba who was in a similar situation and didn't really get whipped by the fans for it because on the ice he always brought it. If PLD plays well all will be forgiven but if he is dogging it out there, I don't think people are gonna be holding back.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Overall decent game... too many chances for both teams and way too high event... this was definitely not Rick Bowness hockey.

Top line is a menace whenever they are on the ice.

2nd line, not sure who is going to shoot the puck on this line.

3rd line - wasn't impressed by Barron during the preseason but he definitely earned that spot today. Appleton was meh

4th line - scored a goal... not much more you can ask for. Gagner is going to be a great signing me thinks

Stan had a good first period but then wasn't too hot esp on the goal. Time for Samberg to get a crack.

Helle looked like his old self, dialed in.

I wonder which forward they are gonna take out to play "The flow that skates"? The only bottom-6 player whose game I didn't like was Appleton but his spot is likely safe due to his reputation and handedness.

I think that if Connor and Perfetti swap lines, both lines are better. Though it was great having Ehlers and KFC playing together. 1st line benefits from Perfetti's playmaking. 2nd line needs a shooter.

I wasn't focusing on watching Stan, but I noticed a couple of good plays.

Liked Maenalanen. (Is he Big Sak?)

Bottom 6 looked good to me, both lines.

Helle was fantastic and stole the game for us in the 2nd. I hope he can keep that up for a few games while the rest of the team catches up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad