OT: New boards

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Hmm … this is going to take some getting used to, but at first glance I don’t hate it. I like that you can see how many people are viewing a thread.

Reactions: oilers'72

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
So far not a fan. 503 Service errors, gateway errors, 8 attempts to log in and then it said I hadn’t done the Captcha - when none had been presented as part of the log in process. Then got logged out somehow 2x, then refreshed and was shown as logged in. Lots of gremlins in the machine. I know it will get fixed. Is there a place where after an “upgrade” they post what the version enhancements and new features are? That may help users better adapt to these site migrations.

Tried to post this response and kept getting an error message - please try again later, LOL. Then it put me on the countdown that you must wait XX seconds before attempting, Tried to post it at least 12x then stopped counting…May as well say try a different discussion forum if it keeps up this way.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Doesn't remember where I left off in each thread have to work my way through it every time.

I don't see any improvements

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
For about 10 mins I thought I had lost my 13+ year old account. The server error kept messing with me entering my password, so it kept telling me I had entered it wrong.

Wouldve sucked to have had to start over. Thankfully it finally worked after some persistence lol

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Seems like it's made for phones or something. So much empty space on a 24 inch monitor.

My eyes are literally burning trying to squint and read, although maybe I should take this as a sign to go get my eyes checked -- put on some chicks glasses who has terrible vision and they improved mine significantly. Kind of liked going around with everything blurry for the last decade...however, if it means not being able to post on here then I think it's time to finally fix it.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
the dark theme is a win and much needed.

The rest of the stuff I'll get used to in time, I'm sure. Even if I never quite like it.

Still getting errors every other page I try and load or post, though. Good to see it's all still powered by a sleepy hamster on a wheel.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Heh...

20 years on this board. Nearly a half dozen 'migrations'.

c67fc384-91bd-4bf7-9c88-bb5c4e997a7f_text.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I would try to post a message.... but 503 error and...503 error.

This new format will take some getting used to, it's looking similar to other message boards I frequent. Not necessarily a good thing, everything is....smaller now which works for mobile but not for laptop.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Honestly not a fan of it at all so far. It's obviously still early and it's being worked on but I enjoyed the layout and look of the boards before this "update". Don't worry guys I'll still be around though ;)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I would try to post a message.... but 503 error and...503 error.

This new format will take some getting used to, it's looking similar to other message boards I frequent. Not necessarily a good thing, everything is....smaller now which works for mobile but not for laptop.
Yah, for us old guys this is a challenge. Better get my magnifying glass out.

Reactions: LaGu and oilers'72

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
The way the usernames are displayed is really rubbing me the wrong way. The little oval thing looks cheap and unnecessary. I've seen longer names also take up two lines and it looks even more gross.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad