New arena parking

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
just take the Qline from the parking lots up by wayne state and the art institute. it stops at topcat on the way there and on the way back :thumbu:

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I was going to go tonight. I'm not a Kid Rock fan by ANY means but I got free tickets through work. I just want to drink a beer and check out the new arena but it might not even be worth it to me to pay for parking.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Really, it's the first event at the new barn. Things will settle into normalcy as we go along. And also, there are lots all over the place.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Park at a bar and shuttle in. All of the other bars still do this. I parked for free and got shuttled in for the first show. Parked at Z's Villa. I also seen numerous other busses and they drop you off right there.

as an FYI, the parking garages on site are small - I wouldn't recommend driving a truck down there. Maybe a smaller SUV or prefer a car.

BrassBonanza

Sep 22, 2015
Went to Kid Rock last night but really only to see how the arena was with people in it. Checked out Saturday's open house for STH but at 8:00 AM and the crowd was light.

I always park at the underground garage at Woodward and Grand River (site of former Hudsons store) for $10 for Tigers games. Last night we parked at the Detroit Opera House garage for $10 and walked to LCA. Only took us 10 minutes to get there or back and didn't fight any traffic around the arena. MUCH better than walking to the Joe Garage or fighting through people heading to Cobo Roof. Safe, guarded, and covered for when it snows.

I know I'm going to roll with that option for the start until I learn of something better or the weather turns to -5 in December and I don't want to freeze.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad