Confirmed with Link: New 3-on-3 Major League Hockey - Quebec getting a team

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
So PPs become 4 on 3? Could be interesting and maybe give a second career to players that feel like they are getting squeezed out of the nhl. Doubt it works in american market considering how the nhl already has a hard time. I would not be ssurprised if all the games were broadcast on amazon prime or something similar.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Oh boy. There we go. PIF now eyeing pro hockey in North America. Next will be the big three. They created a mess in golf. Let’s see what they will do to North American pro hockey.

Hmmmm, wasn't aware at first the Saudi were behind this one.....kind of suck as they will go after NHLer. They have the money. Of course, we're not talking about the top players, but it's a business in the end and some guys in the NHL usually earning 1-2-3 millions could potentially get more in that league.

The question is how seriously professional hockey players will take that sports cause....it's not really hockey.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I personally have zero interest in it but it might be fun for kids to watch

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
This will last for about 5 seconds. A lot of ahl teams can barely draw fans and they expect this will? Plus, I didn’t realize people suddenly had more disposable income for this, cuz I sure don’t.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Alright then I take that back as I don't give a f*** about that league.

They're not just doing shootouts...

They're taking the 2nd worst thing
I’m in no way defending this, but I’d imagine the rules and rink layout will be different so that teams aren’t constantly exiting the zone to line change and keep possession. On a side note, Being a goalie will probably be rough.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Saudi Arabia is funding it.
Figures.

This will last for about 5 seconds. A lot of ahl teams can barely draw fans and they expect this will? Plus, I didn’t realize people suddenly had more disposable income for this, cuz I sure don’t.
Look at LIV. No one watches, yet…

They just want to disrupt the market. Their end-game is to be part of the big show. It is working in golf.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
c1edb990722721a26637ebd44256c2c2.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad