Post-Game Talk: Never Gonna Get It @ as Shark Bait -- 1030pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
well...this has been fun reading. Winning streaks end. Caps always lose to Dallas. They lost. They always lose in San Jose and the next game was in SJ and they lost.

Now they play the Ducks.Kings back to back which most of the league loses at least one. Then they return home where first games back after long travel can be tough. In this case you can add the Wild to that tough.

So I think that under the best of circumstances the Caps may lose 4 out of those 5 games anyway.

If that actually happens, this place will be unbearable.

That's the spirit. Take the automatic loss against your likeliest Stanley Cup Final -opponent (if you reach there) and fold.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
Just noticed that Ovi has the lowest +/- amongst the caps regulars. He has to be better than that, or sit out if he's hurt so he can recover.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Mike Vogel‏Verified account @VogsCaps 14s14 seconds ago
More
#Caps lines at today's practice in LA: 90-19-77, 8-92-43, 10-20-14, 26-83-13. Defense pairs are the same.

giphy.gif

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Don't care about the lines for the next couple of games. They need a jolt, so scramble them up and see what happens. It isn't like Barry is going to stick with them long term.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

First line came back to earth after a great (possession) performance against Stars.
Good showing by Shattenkirk & Orpik.
Carlson and Alzner... as always.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That's the spirit. Take the automatic loss against your likeliest Stanley Cup Final -opponent (if you reach there) and fold.

Things are always different in the playoffs. For instance the travel is the same for both teams . The travel is always a factor in regular season games in California.

But just looking at the basics. If the Sharks are the likely west champion, beating them in a road game is going to be difficult. More difficult than typical. The mostly likely result was losing. I am not really deterred by losing that game.

meanwhile, I cant really get concerned about a bump in the road, by that I mean Ov on the 3rd line/Trotz cant coach/they don't want to play concerned.....doom concerned.

Ive been thru this enough to know that how they do in the RS says little about how they will do in the playoffs. So....I am holding on to my doom until they have a 2 game lead in the 2nd round and choke away the next game. I only have so much panic to bring this season. So I am saving

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Didn't we literally go through this same thing last year? Start slowish, get hot, cool off after a break, team starts talking about motivational problems and flipping the switch....I feel like it goes back more than one year, too.

No reason to be concerned, though. They've learned their lesson, eh?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Didn't we literally go through this same thing last year? Start slowish, get hot, cool off after a break, team starts talking about motivational problems and flipping the switch....I feel like it goes back more than one year, too.

No reason to be concerned, though. They've learned their lesson, eh?

Last year they were miles ahead of anyone at this point. Now the Jackets or the Pens could easily catch them and a fall to #3 in Division is not impossible at all.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I wonder what Twabs thinks about getting his wish for 8 to play with 92 while at the same time 43 moved on to the same line?

Mentioned it in the other thread but I'm happy. Not my ideal combos but good changes overall.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
More important than the lines themselves, is the willingness to try something new before being down 3-1 in a series.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I like the fact that Trotz demoted #8 and #14. They were putrid yesterday. Maybe being demoted and playing his former team will motivate #14 to perform again.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I like the fact that Trotz demoted #8 and #14. They were putrid yesterday. Maybe being demoted and playing his former team will motivate #14 to perform again.

#8 should be on the 3rd or 4th line tbh. Would love to see how he plays vs 3rd or 4th liners.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
#8 should be on the 3rd or 4th line tbh. Would love to see how he plays vs 3rd or 4th liners.

He won't, teams will always have a strong matchup against him. As bad as he is right now, there is always the danger that he suddenly wakes up and takes over the game. The lowest he can go is the 2nd line given his strengths and the match up issues.

Demoting him from 1st to 2nd line is a start.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
That's a terrible idea. :shakehead

Why? He already played on a line with Wilson....it wouldn't be a reach at all. Remember Ovie-Backstrom-Wilson???

I want to see the other coach playing a matching game if Ovie is on 3rd or 4th. Will they match or use 3rd/4th liners against?

8isgreat

Feb 26, 2017
Interesting Stat: Ovechkin has 18 Goals at 5v5 with kuzy with 558 Mins. played in the last 2 seasons
17 Goals with Backstrom with 1336 Mins played the last 2 seasons

That pretty much sums it up I dont get why hes not playing with kuzy all along

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Interesting Stat: Ovechkin has 18 Goals at 5v5 with kuzy with 558 Mins. played in the last 2 seasons
17 Goals with Backstrom with 1336 Mins played the last 2 seasons

That pretty much sums it up I dont get why hes not playing with kuzy all along

Can we rent an airplane banner and fly this stat over Trotz house for the remainder of the season?

I can pitch in $5

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He won't, teams will always have a strong matchup against him. As bad as he is right now, there is always the danger that he suddenly wakes up and takes over the game. The lowest he can go is the 2nd line given his strengths and the match up issues.

Demoting him from 1st to 2nd line is a start.

On the face of it 8 92 43 could be considered the first line. Getting moved from 19 to 92 isn't much of a demotion either. If one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad