Neutral fans: Is there a player you're rooting for winning the Stanley Cup this year?

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I don't root for any of the NHL teams, my pick would be Forsberg leading Nashville to a surprising Stanley Cup win.

Reactions: Devonator

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Marchment, Robertson and Pavelski from Dallas if Florida and Vancouver are eliminated.

And then the Jets as a whole. Always cool to see non cup teams win one for the first time

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I would say Burns, but that is obviously rooting for my team, so Joe Palevsky would be my next choice.

Not a player, but I'd also love to see Coach Mo get a cup as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not neutral as Oilers are in, but I do find myself pulling for teams that I have players from in my hockey drafts when watching the other games

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
McDavid, all-time great needs his cup. Added bonus it will be a Canadian team (which is not Toronto). Canadian drought is weird and not good for hockey in general to last any longer.
I wont argue any other point but I dont think a Canadian team not winning the cup is "not good for hockey". The league has set records for attendance and revenue this year so its kinda hard to argue that a Canadian team not winning is hurting hockey.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
In the West easily Pavelski, dude has sacrificed his body so much over his HOF career, got absolutely everything possible out of his skillset.

East I dont feel as strong but Okposo and Burns would be cool to see win a cup as well.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
McDavid, all-time great needs his cup. Added bonus it will be a Canadian team (which is not Toronto). Canadian drought is weird and not good for hockey in general to last any longer.
The whole Candian thing is overblown IMO.
You think Flames, Nucks, and Jets fans are suddenly going to celebrate an Edmonton victory?

At best, the Oilers would pick up a few bandwagon supporters from Ottawa and Montreal (non-rival teams).

Reactions: nucks88

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
The whole Candian thing is overblown IMO.
You think Flames, Nucks, and Jets fans are suddenly going to celebrate an Edmonton victory?

At best, the Oilers would pick up a few bandwagon supporters from Ottawa and Montreal (non-rival teams).
There are people out there that are "west is best" or "as long as the cup stays in the west that just might root for McDavid even if they are Flames/Canucks fans. After 30 years maybe at this point they just want to see a Canadian team win it even if it were Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad