Online Series: Netflix - Neil Gaiman's Sandman

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Longtime fan of the comics. Still stunned that they got this to screens as tight to the source material as it is. I always chalked this up as being fairly unfilmable.

Not quite done with the season but pretty impressed thus far. The Sound of Her Wings might be the simplest storytelling in the series, but it's also the best and most powerful.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I have 2 episodes left to watch but reading rumors that it won't be given a second season. A little surprised given the work put into the show and who is involved if this rumor is true.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have 2 episodes left to watch but reading rumors that it won't be given a second season. A little surprised given the work put into the show and who is involved if this rumor is true.

Neil himself said that it was very expensive.

Interestingly, he also said that Netflix only really tracks completions meaning that bingeing it helps his case more than slowly getting through the episodes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Neil himself said that it was very expensive.

Interestingly, he also said that Netflix only really tracks completions meaning that bingeing it helps his case more than slowly getting through the episodes.
Ya I figured it was expensive, makes sense about the how they track completions. I mean I will complete it soon but there have been so many others to watch of late that I go back and forth.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Gaiman now says that should Netlfix drop the show they will shop it around, Gaiman's reply is a little down the thread.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Cannot imagine Disney would be a destination since it's a DC property. Two months ago HBOMAX would feel like the natural landing spot given the DC connection but fringey DC productions seem like the last thing that service wants at the moment.

Will hope Netflix will pony up for more.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Finally watched all the episodes including the 3 mini episodes after the 10 from the actual season. A lot I liked but also stuff I was less impressed with. In particular this is a show about The Sandman yet I find we didn't see much of him and I feel, though I didn't actually count the minutes on screen, that the Vortex was as much of a lead in the series as the Sandman was.

Reactions: Jussi

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I really enjoyed this show. I definitely don’t read into things as much as some of you here though. This show kept my attention the whole way through and definitely makes me want a second season. I’m gonna be honest didn’t even know this was based on comics before reading here. The visual element of this show alone was what brought me in but the storylines were what kept me around. The diner episode is not one that I’ll forget anytime soon.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Finally watched all the episodes including the 3 mini episodes after the 10 from the actual season. A lot I liked but also stuff I was less impressed with. In particular this is a show about The Sandman yet I find we didn't see much of him and I feel, though I didn't actually count the minutes on screen, that the Vortex was as much of a lead in the series as the Sandman was.

Just a thing to mention, but that's how the source material is too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad