NESN NESN technical issues have become an embarrasment

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
It works on mine. Completely unreliable but it works. Have you talked to anyone?
nope. When i try watching the app on the Tv it gives me the code to log on with my provider. So when I go to that website with the code on my phone it never loads the page. An error always comes up or it just loads continuously and wont log in.
But if I watch the nesn360app from my phone it works,
I have no clue WTF is wrong

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
nope. When i try watching the app on the Tv it gives me the code to log on with my provider. So when I go to that website with the code on my phone it never loads the page. An error always comes up or it just loads continuously and wont log in.
But if I watch the nesn360app from my phone it works,
I have no clue WTF is wrong
That’s awful but not surprising.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Back in the early 2000's, I got a hold of a US satellite here in Canada. I had to get a compass to make sure I was pointing it in exactly the correct position to pick up NESN. Never a quality issue. Or anything for that matter.

Bad NESN quality
Terrible AHL quality
Terrible ice quality.

Nothing a little bit of money can't fix. But hey, it's not my money. I'd send everyone's money here if I could.
If only there was some kind of other indication that NESN ownership was cheap and did anything to cut costs???????

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
NESN use to be one of the better quality rsn's in the game. Now, they've got to be one of the worst.

I'm paying 30 bucks for the NESN 360 app every month without the opportunity to record games. It's not like people are dishing out money to watch Dining Playbook or whatever that awful Boston nightlife show is called. I'm only using this to catch the game, which I'm guessing 99 percent of us are doing the same thing. If I miss a game, it's frustrating trying to find a convenient time to catch a replay.

With the price point and lack of DVR function, sound issues, and them treating Jack Edwards like Stan Lee's handlers were in his final year, it's time NESN get the public kick in the nuts they deserve. I hope Felger and other high profile media members continue to bash them some more.
It is playoff time, and I do not know how many games they will broadcast before they go national, but the Red Sox suck anyways just don't tune them in and if it continues into next hockey season don't watch the game on NESN..........And do not support any other bullshit that they try to sell us. Time to Fenway group, I never liked you anyways....

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It is playoff time, and I do not know how many games they will broadcast before they go national, but the Red Sox suck anyways just don't tune them in and if it continues into next hockey season don't watch the game on NESN..........And do not support any other bullshit that they try to sell us. Time to Fenway group, I never liked you anyways....

This was my first year paying for NESN360 after getting tired of looking for quality free streams that wouldn't buffer or disconnect after a few minutes. This will probably be last season as a subscriber until they fix their issues.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Back in the early 2000's, I got a hold of a US satellite here in Canada. I had to get a compass to make sure I was pointing it in exactly the correct position to pick up NESN. Never a quality issue. Or anything for that matter.

Bad NESN quality
Terrible AHL quality
Terrible ice quality.

Nothing a little bit of money can't fix. But hey, it's not my money. I'd send everyone's money here if I could.
So true Dom, I don't remember having these issues when the B's were on WSBK.

Reactions: Gordoff

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So true Dom, I don't remember having these issues when the B's were on WSBK.

Well, to be fair, SD TV OTA with minimal graphics is a tad bit less sophisticated than a UHD signal with extensive graphics being beamed to cable, satellite, and streaming. However, other RSN's can accomplish it fine, NESN has been going downhill for a decade+.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
I can't believe they have the audacity to charge $30/mo for the awful quality we get for it.

I'm the sucker who bought the full year subscription at the beginning of the season though, so I guess they get the last laugh though huh?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Well, to be fair, SD TV OTA with minimal graphics is a tad bit less sophisticated than a UHD signal with extensive graphics being beamed to cable, satellite, and streaming. However, other RSN's can accomplish it fine, NESN has been going downhill for a decade+.
Yes exactly, it takes spending some money to improve things.

Reactions: rfournier103

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This was my first year paying for NESN360 after getting tired of looking for quality free streams that wouldn't buffer or disconnect after a few minutes. This will probably be last season as a subscriber until they fix their issues.
I won’t go back to EyeStream. I won’t do free streams. I am kinda stuck with this crappy product. I respect your decision but it feels like bullshit that they’ve got a near monopoly, they’ve gouged the price and they let the quality get worse and worse. It’s wild and I am a fool for staying.

Reactions: Bocephus86

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
NESN use to be one of the better quality rsn's in the game. Now, they've got to be one of the worst.

I'm paying 30 bucks for the NESN 360 app every month without the opportunity to record games. It's not like people are dishing out money to watch Dining Playbook or whatever that awful Boston nightlife show is called. I'm only using this to catch the game, which I'm guessing 99 percent of us are doing the same thing. If I miss a game, it's frustrating trying to find a convenient time to catch a replay.

With the price point and lack of DVR function, sound issues, and them treating Jack Edwards like Stan Lee's handlers were in his final year, it's time NESN get the public kick in the nuts they deserve. I hope Felger and other high profile media members continue to bash them some more.
Considering what we pay the fact that every game is not available to watch at any time is outrageous. Let alone the daily issues the app has.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
NESN has huge Bruins fans outside the region by the huevos. $30 a month should tell you what they think of you.

Isn’t Center Ice cheaper though? Not available to everyone?

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Road games on WSBK, home games on NESN.

I remember when they used to throw us poor people a bone and broadcast a home game or two on 38. Good times
This was my life growing up. Only 1 of our TVs had cable and my father hated sports so no way was he paying for us to watch hockey games. I’d listen to home games on the radio with Bob Wilson instead.

Wirelessbits

Dec 11, 2021
Wow, so glad that a thread dedicated to the shitshow they call NESN is created! What a POS and I do enjoy cancelling it right as the Bruins are done. Always pissed me off the way they favored the Sox over the Bruins...baseball is soooo boring...but that's a different thread.

Does anyone scream at the TV (like me) when the control room keeps the camera feed on the slowly skating goalie when a scrum starts off screen?!! I mean, are they really that lazy to switch camera's to watch, ya know, the scrums and stuff that us fans like instead of leaving it on the camera that is watching the bench? Ugh, I'm tempted to volunteer to do it for free.

TLDR: NESN sucks and needs some competition

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Does anyone scream at the TV (like me) when the control room keeps the camera feed on the slowly skating goalie when a scrum starts off screen?!! I mean, are they really that lazy to switch camera's to watch, ya know, the scrums and stuff that us fans like instead of leaving it on the camera that is watching the bench? Ugh, I'm tempted to volunteer to do it for free.

This drives me crazy, it's as if they've lost their feel for the game. They'll go to a crowd shot, or a bench shot, or a closeup of a player looking at the thing I want to be looking at. The whole industry does a terrible job with hockey, they're always zoomed in too tight, the trailer is always off screen, the defensemen at the point are always off screen, you can't anticipate the play the way you can in the building. We have giant 4K screens now, zoom the camera out.

For $30 I wish they'd let us pick a camera to watch the way other streams do or used to.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
This was my life growing up. Only 1 of our TVs had cable and my father hated sports so no way was he paying for us to watch hockey games. I’d listen to home games on the radio with Bob Wilson instead.
Same here. Then in summer we could watch the Sox on 38 too. I miss those days

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
30 years ago John Harrington continued to pay NESN staffers when the 1994 baseball season ended suddenly and then the NHL went into a long lockout.

Tom Werner was not as generous 10 years later when the NHL shutdown for a year.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I've thought about switching to streaming for years. But in Ontario, I have the Roger's Sports Pak which is just $43 a month and I get:

All NHL games
All MLB games
All NBA games
All NFL games
All OHL games
All NCAA football games
All NCAA basketball games

The only thing missing is AHL and NCAA hockey. And I can get those relatively cheap.

So I talk myself out of switching every year.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Wow, so glad that a thread dedicated to the shitshow they call NESN is created! What a POS and I do enjoy cancelling it right as the Bruins are done. Always pissed me off the way they favored the Sox over the Bruins...baseball is soooo boring...but that's a different thread.

Great great post. Welcome!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wirelessbits

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Anytime the audio doesn't match the action, I wanna throw my clicker at the TV. It's infuriating and it sounds like I have it lucky since the app sounds even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad