Line Combos: Nemeth or Hajek

Your Preference

• Total voters

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Which left shooting defenseman do you prefer to have in the lineup? These two catch a lot of flak in GDTs and if Turk takes a liking to Jones and Lundkvist we may not be seeing much more of either. I figure it's a good time for an evaluation.

Reminder: Nemeth kills penalties and our PK has been quite good.

Patrik Nemeth

Born: February 8, 1992 (age 29 years), Stockholm, Sweden
Height: 6 ft 3 in
Weight: ~230 lbs
NHL GP: 398
Shoots: L

Libor Hajek
Born: February 4, 1998 (age 23 years), Smrček, Býšovec, Czechia
Height: 6 ft 2 in
Weight: ~205 lbs
NHL GP: 85
Shoots: L

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Any card carrying member of this forum should root for Hajek against Tinordi and Nemeth, based on getting something back in the deal with Tampa besides Lundkvist. Because all the other returns have gone up in smoke like a fart in the cold January wind.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You've mentioned Nemeth with the PK.. I would prefer KAM to start getting PK time over Nemeth.

At that point it'd be Hajek over Nemeth

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Hajek has looked really good the past couple of games. Much prefer him over Nemeth.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Any card carrying member of this forum should root for Hajek against Tinordi and Nemeth, based on getting something back in the deal with Tampa besides Lundkvist. Because all the other returns have gone up in smoke like a fart in the cold January wind.

Counter point would be Nemeth is here for 2 more years unless he plays well enough for a team to take on his contract.

Reactions: Thirty One

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Jones for me. I love that kids game.

Need to see more from Hajek consistently before I play him over Nemeth but I like his game thus far. For now I ride Hajek to see what hes got

For the record I've never been a Hajek killer and Nemeth has had his struggles for sure

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Of course it should be Jones. He shouldn't be buried in the AHL. Even if he and Lundkvist plays the same game, let them have it, they're so skilled. Either one can pinch and either one stay back depending on the moment.

Jones - Lundkvist is a great pairing. Both can attack and the other one can take a defensive role in that moment. They're both very mobile, they can dish the rubber, they can both defend, what is there to not like?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Of course it should be Jones. He shouldn't be buried in the AHL. Even if he and Lundkvist plays the same game, let them have it, they're so skilled. Either one can pinch and either one stay back depending on the moment.

Jones - Lundkvist is a great pairing. Both can attack and the other one can take a defensive role in that moment. They're both very mobile, they can dish the rubber, they can both defend, what is there to not like?

I mentioned the Jones-Nils pairing in preseason as a good fit but never thought I'd see it happen, especially this season with both of them being rookies. Both strong skaters with dynamic skillsets. I could even see them being adept enough to switch sides on the fly to set up Nils for the one timer 5 on 5.

The knock would be in zone pressure and net front with the two of them being undersized, but I'd still hope to see them get a long look together at some point before one of them is shipped off. I know they didn't have much of a choice but was surprised the other night when I saw them get paired up.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Nemeth lacks mobility, and does not make up for it with strength and/or decision making. He serves no purpose other than providing a “stabilizing presence” for whatever kid he’s paired with. Give me anyone other than him in that spot, preferable Jones, with Hajek next.

Reactions: RagFinMet

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I mentioned the Jones-Nils pairing in preseason as a good fit but never thought I'd see it happen, especially this season with both of them being rookies. Both strong skaters with dynamic skillsets. I could even see them being adept enough to switch sides on the fly to set up Nils for the one timer 5 on 5.

The knock would be in zone pressure and net front with the two of them being undersized, but I'd still hope to see them get a long look together at some point before one of them is shipped off. I know they didn't have much of a choice but was surprised the other night when I saw them get paired up.
I think they handled it splendidly. Against one of the toughest teams in the NHL. That gives some time for reflection on the pairings, right? They're so smart and skilled, they solved most situations by them just being themselves. Sure, there are power forwards out there that can challenge them, but they can still be in the way positionally.

Jones is the better puck distributor, Lundkvist is the better finisher. For whichever moment they should pinch.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think they handled it splendidly. Against one of the toughest teams in the NHL. That gives some time for reflection on the pairings, right? They're so smart and skilled, they solved most situations by them just being themselves. Sure, there are power forwards out there that can challenge them, but they can still be in the way positionally.

Jones is the better puck distributor, Lundkvist is the better finisher. For whichever moment they should pinch.

The thing about Jones that I love so much is the pace and decision making speed with the puck. He moves his feet and the puck and its gone. Thats very valuable in todays game no matter what zone you are in

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Where is the 4th option….Jones. If not Jones, then Tinordi, the reason why is after one shift, Gallant will being saying where is Mac Jones.
Easier for Jones to get back into lineup. Lol

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
This really shouldn't affect your decision making at all. That deal is done and we have these assets now. Hajek turning into to a capable NHL Dman would be nice for the Rangers, but you shouldn't force something if it just isn't there.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly

I think you're more likely to see Hajek-Nemeth than Jones-Lundkvist. There I said it.

I think these are both true. I think Jones-Lundkvist could be a good pairing if we were going to focus more on speed and possession, but most NHL coaches would never implement that pairing long-term. I could see a few shifts, maybe a game if forced into it, but the old thinking of coaches regarding d-men would end the experiment pretty quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad