Need opinions on keepers..

tacowarfare

Mar 5, 2013
In a 12 team keeper league, need to pick 10.

Scoring is: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, HIT, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

As of right now I'm planning on keeping Tavares, Mackinnon, Backes, Bobby Ryan, Couture, Vanek, Hiller, Bernier, and Khudobin. The rest of my roster consists of St. Louis, Huberdeau, Semin, Jagr, Tyler Johnson, Lupul, Saad, Elias, and the only Dman that is even slightly worth keeping would be E. Johnson. Who do you guys think should fill that last spot? Keeping 3 goalies bc there really aren't a lot to go around. Thanks for the advice!

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
In a 12 team keeper league, need to pick 10.

Scoring is: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, HIT, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

As of right now I'm planning on keeping Tavares, Mackinnon, Backes, Bobby Ryan, Couture, Vanek, Hiller, Bernier, and Khudobin. The rest of my roster consists of St. Louis, Huberdeau, Semin, Jagr, Tyler Johnson, Lupul, Saad, Elias, and the only Dman that is even slightly worth keeping would be E. Johnson. Who do you guys think should fill that last spot? Keeping 3 goalies bc there really aren't a lot to go around. Thanks for the advice!

While I understand that there maybe not be a lot of goalies, is there not any other backups that you could pick up instead of keeping Khudobin? He's not bad but I'm not sure he's worth a keeper slot.

Anyway, I wouldn't consider Jagr, he's doing great, but honestly who even knows with this guy? If you're willing for a risk he's worth 65 points IF (big if) he plays like he has been, but he's 43. He could go out being hit the wrong way. Elias is getting old and not playing well either. He'll put up some points but not a ton. St. Louis is a good player, should put up some nice numbers in NY, but his point production is not going to be what it was. He was near ppg with TB because Stamkos, not so much anymore. Don't expect a ton of points from Lupul either.

I'd say you're choice is between: Huberdeau, Semin, Johnson, and Saad. Depending on how long you plan on staying with the team and it being a keeper league, I'd say Order them: Semin, Saad, Huberdeau, Johnson. Semin should have a strong bounce-back, Saad should see increased points playing with B. Richards and Kane, plus he's still young and improving, Hub should have a bounce-back and should get time to really find his place playing with young emerging Bjugstad, and Johnson unfortunately is probably going to be hit with the "Sophomore Slump".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad