need help buying some skates!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
hey all,

it's been a couple years since i've played, i'm looking to get back into it and my old skates shrunk or something.. shame too they were broken in and everything

i'm looking for two things, either specific suggestions or brand suggestions

back in the day, ccm was best for comfort, bauer was best for quality and overall, nike was just the coolest.. graf was just way up there in class

now i see a lot more from mission, easton, reebok is new, just really lost in all this and it's difficult since i haven't played so i can't really go with what was good for me before

anyway i'm not looking to break the bank here but not looking to get the biggest bargain, i want quality

thanks in advance

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Get out and try them on. Each skate fits differently and its very difficult to say which will work best for you. I think most coampanies make solid skates, but a poor fitting skate will break down quicker. I know Bauer's had alot of issues with the Vapor series. Try and look for close-out models you can get for cheap. Go to your local hockey store and try the skates on first though.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
EazyB97 said:
Get out and try them on. Each skate fits differently and its very difficult to say which will work best for you. I think most coampanies make solid skates, but a poor fitting skate will break down quicker. I know Bauer's had alot of issues with the Vapor series. Try and look for close-out models you can get for cheap. Go to your local hockey store and try the skates on first though.
thanks for the help.. I am leaning toward the high quality Easton I posted above but may go for the close out 04 model

I live in NYC, there are only 3 skate shops in the area and all three have maybe 5-10 cheap model blades

the only place that carries good skates is Gery Cosby's at MSG but they only carry CCM and Bauer and about 2-3 ones in the quality I am looking for

anything I buy is going to be ordered for this reason

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I bought the $500 Synergy's when they first came out and they are awesome. No break in time, no blisters, felt like a better skater over my $150 Missions. So if they fit good I would pay the extra money and go for the Synergy's you pictured. I do not think you will be dissapointed and they offer a little more new technology than the other skates.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
thank you guys, i went with the Synergy's.. I remember wanting them a long time ago but they were so expensive and I wasn't playing at that time.. looking forward to seeing them, hopefully the sizing won't be an issue

MiZZZike*

Vapor 30's (XXX) are about the best skate out there. Grafs are top of the line as well. Personally I love my Vapor 15's. I was a CCM kid all my life and I just switched to bauer and am probably never going back.

jacketracket*

Some good responses ... let me ask for some advice.

I'm looking to buy my first pair of skates. I've been inline skating off and on for a couple of years, to help make the transition to ice.

I've finally decided that I'm simply going to get a pair of skates and hit a pond, taking my lumps as I go. I'm looking for something durable, but not necessarily top of the line.

Any help? Any tips for learning to skate on ice?

MiZZZike*

jacketracket said:
Some good responses ... let me ask for some advice.

I'm looking to buy my first pair of skates. I've been inline skating off and on for a couple of years, to help make the transition to ice.

I've finally decided that I'm simply going to get a pair of skates and hit a pond, taking my lumps as I go. I'm looking for something durable, but not necessarily top of the line.

Any help? Any tips for learning to skate on ice?

CCM is usually pretty toughly (word? lol) built. Advice on skating is just to skate and skate, it's the only way to get better.

anteeksi

Feb 24, 2005
pressbox
got narrow feet look at bauers..im wearing impacts[nice gel pads] my feet swam in ccms but they are a tough skate good for banging around in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad