Confirmed with Link: Necas re-signed $3M x 2

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Very nice. Glad no other team was in a position to or had the balls to offer sheet him. He probably could've been pried away with an offer sheet structured creatively like we did with Kotkoniemi. And it would've been worth it. Necas, even when he's struggling, is worth way more than $3m.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm wondering if they're thinking about buying out Bear, sending down Chatfield and going into the season w/6 defensemen. I believe that would allow them to send down Pederson and bring up Drury too.

Otherwise, I'm guessing there's some sort of trade in the works.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I'm wondering if they're thinking about buying out Bear, sending down Chatfield and going into the season w/6 defensemen. I believe that would allow them to send down Pederson and bring up Drury too.

Can’t buy out Bear, he makes less than $4M.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Seems unlikely to me. Why would they even qualify Bear if they would then want to buy him out? Unless they completely misjudged the market when qualifying him.

EDIT: and apparently they can't based on the post above mine.
Or a Gardiner buyout. Sure a trade of Gardiner would be ideal, but there are way more people trying to shed cap than taking it on.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
According to Cap Friendly, Jake Gardiners cap hit if bought out would be $1,083,334.00 saving the Canes $2,966,667.00. Which means with Drury at the start of the season and keeping Coghlan, Chatfield and Pederson, the Canes would still have $924,749.00

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Year 1: $2.5M
Year 2: $3.5M
Expected setup with the higher latter year making the subsequent QO higher.

3.5M is less than 120 % of the AAV of 3M, so the cutter doesn't bite, so 3.5M QO it is, with arb rights and two more years until UFA.

Reactions: cptjeff

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Screenshot_20210128-215245_Samsung Internet.jpg

We're going to have UFA chaos in 2 years but for now, glad to have Nachos back. I'm hoping for a big bounce back season from him and I imagine he too wants to earn a bigger contract in 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad