Confirmed with Link: Neal signed (1 year, 750K)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Both will probably make it. Neal will likely be a top 9 regular if the lines from practice and last night are anything to go by.

Sanford replacement, basically. Neal will be hungry to show he's still an NHL player, and I'm looking forward to seeing him wear the Blue Note this year.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Sanford replacement, basically. Neal will be hungry to show he's still an NHL player, and I'm looking forward to seeing him wear the Blue Note this year.
Maybe he'll help the team get off to a great start and then fade as he has in the recent past. The Blues can get their money's worth and then place him on waivers.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Neal was a great depth scorer in the play-ins. Should be a great value signing if he can get back to the conditioning he had before he got covid.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Need to see him playing first. This is long time I haven't been able to watch out games at pre-season. Kind of black out where our players are at and specially our prospects.

Working and time at gym is limiting my time to watch games at night.

Next year I'm 40 and 2-4 am game watch full 82 games + playoffs over +8 years has take piece of me. I can't maybe take it anymore.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i'm alright with it since it's league minimum

i'll have short patience with him but he's looking good enough so far

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Meh, its a low risk medium reward signing. Not over the moon about it, but it's hard to hate. Can't say he didn't earn a spot with his play.

Guess this means Kostin likely starts in the A, but maybe they try to sneak Brown thru waivers?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Fine by me. Might mean we lose Brown to waivers or send Neighbours back to the W without a trial, but neither of those concern me a whole lot. Whole contract can be buried in the A if necessary. That’s the most important thing to me.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Fine by me. Might mean we lose Brown to waivers or send Neighbours back to the W without a trial, but neither of those concern me a whole lot. Whole contract can be buried in the A if necessary. That’s the most important thing to me.

I doubt other teams will claim Brown. Better players around the same age make it through around this time every year, that contract slot is more valuable to teams than Brown right now.

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
My 14:

RoR
Perron
Schenn
Buchnevich
Saad
Tarasenko
Thomas
Kyrou
Neal
Barbashev
Bozak
Kostin
Brown
Neighbours (9 game then whl)
Sundqvist (takes Neighbours spot when healthy)

Clifford, MacEachern, Joshua, Walker provide depth in the AHL

I can't remember ever having this much forward depth. Apparently Brown is on waivers, thought he'd get the 14th spot at least until Sunny was back. Oh well.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Need to see him playing first. This is long time I haven't been able to watch out games at pre-season. Kind of black out where our players are at and specially our prospects.

Working and time at gym is limiting my time to watch games at night.

Next year I'm 40 and 2-4 am game watch full 82 games + playoffs over +8 years has take piece of me. I can't maybe take it anymore.

Dude, I'm with you. These days, one night without enough sleep sucks, but is tolerable. Two consecutive nights without enough sleep and I feel like I might die.

Reactions: ezcreepin

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I'm really liking the differences up front since last year. Should be MUCH harder to play against and give us a chance to spend more puck possession time in the offensive zone. Neal, Buch, Saad, Kostin, Neighbours, add a heavier dimension that was noticeably lacking last year.

Reactions: BlueDream

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
If Neal plays the way for us he did in Vegas, I think he's got a chance to really make an impact here. I always thought of him as more of a sniper, but in that video he scores a lot of his goals by going to the net. Almost all of his goals are scoring in the "home plate" area, and a bunch of them are not off of his initial shot, but him tipping/cleaning up the trash. I had this image of Mike Hoffman 2.0, and it seems like he's a totally different scorer.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I mean this is pretty low risk, with moderate upside. I’m completely fine with it. If he’s trash, then we can just waive him and send him to Springfield.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The more I think about this, the better I like it.

Neal is a puck hound in front of the net. He has a nose for loose pucks. He's also very good 10-20 feet out with a quick shot. I think the team is missing this kind of player. This is a good pickup at minimum cost.

As to how this binds up our roster and some guys getting sent to the AHL who should be learning in the NHL, well, give it a few months. Injuries (or COVID) WILL happen. I also think Tank will get traded before Xmas. Then all our depth will be needed.

Better start booking flights between Springfield and STL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad