Trade: [NE/JAX] Mac Jones to the Jacksonville Jaguars for 6th round pick.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Somewhat surprising

Thought he mightve went to a team where he could’ve at least auditioned to start, even if it’s longshot

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Wonder if this is an indication that NE is going QB with their pick.

Some reports were suggesting they were considering stockpiling picks to get some talent on that roster.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
They might go veteran QB.

I'm not deadset against QB but I think my #1 scenario is MHJ and veteran QB.

But I don't hate the idea of any of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

They've got money to spend and I expect them to use it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not deadset against QB but I think my #1 scenario is MHJ and veteran QB.

But I don't hate the idea of any of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

They've got money to spend and I expect them to use it.
Feel like that’s the most likely scenario.

Reactions: Tuggy

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
from a playoff appearance and runner up for offensive ROY to being dumped for a 6th round pick two seasons later

Reactions: Voight

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Does Mac going for a 6th hurt Fields' value? I don't see how he would be worth more than a 4th rounder
I saw some people speculate that it did, but I don't see it. Jones was repeatedly benched and essentially labeled unplayable by his team, seemed to be disliked by both management and teammates, and was clearly traded to be purely a backup with no intention of starting him.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Wonder if this is an indication that NE is going QB with their pick.

Some reports were suggesting they were considering stockpiling picks to get some talent on that roster.
Most recent reports have them signing a bridge vet, most likely Brissett, and drafting a QB at 3 but having him sit his rookie year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Most recent reports have them signing a bridge vet, most likely Brissett, and drafting a QB at 3 but having him sit his rookie year.
Maye I would absolutely considering sitting as a rookie. Daniels has double th starts so a bit more comfortable throwing him out there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes. 15th overall
Honestly, for a QB, taking a shot at #15 was worth a shot. I mean, the next several guys who went after Jones were:
AZ - Collins
LV - Leatherwood
MIA - Phillips
Was - David
NYG = Toney
Ind - Paye
Ten - Farley
Min - Darrisaw

I know Darrisaw will get his 5th year option picked up. Not sure on MIA with Phillips given he just blew out his Achilles this past season. They may end up not picking it up since it's guaranteed once they do.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad