Cut/Released: Ndamukong Suh (signs with Rams)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Suh has always been about the money. He's said so many times. (Though i have no issue with that since the guy has maintained his work ethic despite breaking the bank with the Dolphins)

The Titans are the only one who can show him the money, whereas New Orleans and the Rams can probably show him a shot at a super bowl.

Suh eating up blockers for Cam Jordan sounds scary. Suh and Donald in the interior plus that secondary/run game puts the Rams in contention for a Super Bowl.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Seems to be down to the Titans and Rams.

Suh has the offers and is evaluating today, decision probably tomorrow or maybe late today.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Suh is going to whoever gives him the most guaranteed money.

Say what you want about the guy. But he is no fool when it comes to this.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rams seem to believe they got him despite not being able to give him the most money.

Must have been a hell of a selljob to coerce a guy like Suh to give up some money.

Jul 10, 2010
Rams seem to believe they got him despite not being able to give him the most money.

Must have been a hell of a selljob to coerce a guy like Suh to give up some money.
hes made 130m in his career. Probably wants to win. Not to mention he wont be facing double teams with Donald on the line with him

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Boy the Rams are having a terrific offseason and the draft is just a month away.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Crap. They'll be fun to watch but I'm not looking forward to playing them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
All they're missing is a linebacker and more legit option at WR.

Suh and Donald in the interior, Peters and Talib at the corner spots with Sam Shields assumingly playing nickel...That team has the look of a super bowl contender on paper. Paper being the key word.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
And Jared Goff has to be way better. He had pretty volume stats but his underlying statistics paint a different picture. Very reliant on play action. He wasn't bad last year but he isn't exactly driving the bus.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
And Jared Goff has to be way better. He had pretty volume stats but his underlying statistics paint a different picture. Very reliant on play action. He wasn't bad last year but he isn't exactly driving the bus.

Yeah and Im not sure their depth is going to be able to fill in the void Watkins left. He didnt even have the best year, but he kept teams honest and that created space for Gurley and others. We will see if Kupp and Woods can create space against 1-2 corners and if teams dont stack the box more against Gurley. We will see if McVay can create another receiver out of nowhere.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Watkins influenced the offense more than people know. Teams had to keep a safety over the top on his side. When he had 1 on 1, he was usually open. Goff just struggled getting him the ball. Plus he was a weapon in the redzone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We'll see how McVay handles the personalities in the room. Especially if they have a bad start. Remember the Eagles Dream Team?

At least he'll have Wade Phillips to help him in that area. Phillips and Talib have a good relationship and that's the main reason why Talib is in LA. Apparently Suh can be a dick at times but I think he's mostly fine with his own team. Peters is probably the wildcard in all of this if things aren't going well, especially since he's the one whose still looking for his big payday.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
At least he'll have Wade Phillips to help him in that area. Phillips and Talib have a good relationship and that's the main reason why Talib is in LA. Apparently Suh can be a dick at times but I think he's mostly fine with his own team. Peters is probably the wildcard in all of this if things aren't going well, especially since he's the one whose still looking for his big payday.

The Rams will be under a ton of pressure next year. They had zero this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Rams will be under a ton of pressure next year. They had zero this year.

As a football fan, I'd like to watch them when they're at the top of their game. As a fan of another NFC team, I wouldn't mind Goff struggling to the point where the defense turns on the offense and all hell breaks loose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad