OT: NCAA Tournament Thread [Road to the Frozen Four]

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Gillies was probably the best player on the ice. He faced a boatload of shots and kept a majority of them out. BU spent a lot of time with the puck in the Friar's end. He started a bit shaky, but it's tough to look great with Eichel on the other side. As the game progressed, as did he.

Janko may have been one of the best Providence forwards. He won a lot of draws, played very responsibly and looked solid on the offense end (he has good instincts). He seemed be to doing okay against the Eichel line at times; but I don't think anyone did a good job containing them. He needs to come over to our system. The Friars will be losing 2 of their top 5 players, and their MVP (Gillies) it has all the components for a recipe for disaster next season. I'd like to see him with our guys in the AHL; him and Klimmer on the same line next year would be money.

Gilmour was pretty invisible most of the game. He's an offensive guy.

Hickey was solid. The commentators pointed out more than once his game is all around solid and he has a mean streak. He looked very poised for a young guy, he got beat a couple times... But on average the Providence players are generally 3-4 years older than he is. I am looking forward to seeing what he'll do in his sophomore season, because BU probably won't be that great either.

Thanks buddy, much appreciated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad