Prospect Info: NCAA Tournament March 28-April 13, 2024

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We know that for the Habs, these prospects will play in the tournament but we have to wait till tomorrow to find out who they play and when. BC, BU, Denver, and Minnesota will all be there.

BC - Fowler
BU - Hutson/Tuch
DU- Harris
Minn - Pitlick/Mittelstadt

Regional semifinals and finals

• March 28 & 30
Northeast Regional, MassMutual CenterSpringfield, Massachusetts (Hosts: University of Massachusetts, Amherst and Western MA Sports Commission)West Regional, Denny Sanford PREMIER CenterSioux Falls, South Dakota (Hosts: University of Nebraska Omaha and Sioux Falls Sports Authority)
  • March 29 & 31
East Regional, Amica Mutual PavilionProvidence, Rhode Island (Host: Brown University)Midwest Regional, Centene Community Ice CenterMaryland Heights, Missouri (Hosts: Lindenwood University and St. Louis Sports Commission)
National semifinals and championship (Frozen Four and championship)

• April 11 & 13
Xcel Energy CenterSaint Paul, Minnesota (Host: University of Minnesota)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fowler would need to make it to the Frozen Four in order to set a new record for most wins by a freshman goalie.

Also, if BU loses this weekend, Hutson and Tuch become available to be signed.

If BC wins their next game on the 28th or 29th, they will advance to the next round on the 29th or 30th depending on what day they start. Whoever wins on the 29th/30th advances to the Frozen Fours. So if BC wins out, they would play 4 more games.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If BC wins their next game on the 28th or 29th, they will advance to the next round on the 29th or 30th depending on what day they start. Whoever wins on the 29th/30th advances to the Frozen Fours. So if BC wins out, they would play 4 more games.

If they win in the Regional Semi-Final, he will tie the record at 30 wins held by Montoya. If he ends up winning in the Regional Final, he will beat the record.

So if they end up in the Frozen Four, it means Fowler set the new record at 31 wins. After that, if they end up in the National Champisinship and win it all, he will add to that record.

I thought the selection show was tomorrow. But finally, it's tonight and about to begin as of this writing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For anyone wondering, from this point forward, if you lose, you're season is over.

So Hutson and Tuch would become available if BU loses. I expect Hutson to be signed to an ELC and burn a year. And Tuch will most likely go the Struble route: ELC starting next year and join Laval on an ATO. It would be great if they do that with Hutson also.

Then there's Pitlick. Curious if they decide to sign him if Minnesota gets eliminated.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree I th
As much as I like Hutson Laval D Corps is very good as is for the stretch run. Play him in Montreal.
I agree I think we need to ease Matheson's minutes starting with the PP. :sarcasm:
Matheson had a very good game except for his work on the PP.

Notable was Kaiden Guhle was the one making SMART forays into open ice and this better not be lost on our staff.
It is exactly what has to happen to maximize both those players potential.
That they ended up +5 and +4 tells the whole story Matheson was not caught up ice.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
My dream is to somehow get an Augustine vs Fowler showdown between Mich and BC and show everybody they f***ed up the first 5 goalie picks lol

Is it even possible? Probably only in a frozen four final I guess?

If I'm not mistaken, a potential match up would be in the Frozen Four Semi-Final. But I could be wrong. I'm not sure if they go by bracket or if they re-seed in the Frozen Four so the higher ranked team takes on the lowest ranked team among those left.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
My dream is to somehow get an Augustine vs Fowler showdown between Mich and BC and show everybody they f***ed up the first 5 goalie picks lol

Crazy part is Augustine is young enough to play in one more WJC whereas Fowler turns 20 before the tournament.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Crazy part is Augustine is young enough to play in one more WJC whereas Fowler turns 20 before the tournament.
Lol i HATE that you brought this up because i definitely made a note of it looking at Augustine's age,
its just a bumer Fowler was born so early in november instead of a February or HE'D be the goalie next year lol

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My picks,

1E Boston College
4E Michigan Tech
2E Wisconsin
3E Quinnipiac

1MW Michigan State
4MW Western Michigan
2MW North Dakota

3MW Michigan

1W Boston University
4W RIT
2W Minnesota
3W Omaha

1NE Denver
4NE Massachusetts
2NE Maine
3NE Cornell

then,

1E Boston College
2MW North Dakota
1W Boston University
1NE Denver

1E Boston College

1NE Denver

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My picks,

1E Boston College
4E Michigan Tech
2E Wisconsin
3E Quinnipiac

1MW Michigan State
4MW Western Michigan
2MW North Dakota

3MW Michigan

1W Boston University
4W RIT
2W Minnesota
3W Omaha

1NE Denver
4NE Massachusetts
2NE Maine
3NE Cornell

then,

1E Boston College
2MW North Dakota
1W Boston University
1NE Denver

1E Boston College

1NE Denver

Yeah, I figure both BU & BC get to Frozen Four, but BU doesn't get to final game. That puts elimination on April 11th. At best, Hutson could get into Montreal's final 2 games against Detroit.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

Augustine has been very good as a freshman for MSU this season. He is one of the primary reasons for the quick turnaround of the Sparty hockey program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad