Prospect Info: NCAA Tournament March 28-April 13, 2024

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Never thought that we'd ever pass on forwards to get Reinbacher. To me Leonard was a typical habs pick. Will never understand that one. And surely never thought it would have happened.
Yeah I’m not the type to hop on X and attack anyone but I was disappointed we went with a D at that spot.

If we’re being honest too, Reinbacher is not a sexy pick either. It’s not like you were drafting a Cale Makar type defenseman in Reinbacher. I hope the kid ends up being amazing but I wish we had gone forward there.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
BC blew this game wide open in 2nd period. 3-0 now.

Two goals by Smith. One by Gauthier.

It looks like a BC - Denver final.

Fowler vs Harris.

Reactions: Rozz

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah I’m not the type to hop on X and attack anyone but I was disappointed we went with a D at that spot.

If we’re being honest too, Reinbacher is not a sexy pick either. It’s not like you were drafting a Cale Makar type defenseman in Reinbacher. I hope the kid ends up being amazing but I wish we had gone forward there.
who cares? Seider wasn't a sexy pick either. If they didn't see a player with similar impact on the game they wouldn't have picked him.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So drafting for needs is cool now?
Using a high end asset on what the habs already have too much of is a big waste.

Never thought that we'd ever pass on forwards to get Reinbacher. To me Leonard was a typical habs pick. Will never understand that one. And surely never thought it would have happened.

A forward was a bigger need for the habs, but RD was still a need. The habs only had Barron and Mailloux in their system, and only one of them was playing pro hockey. So there was a lot of uncertainty with the future right side of the habs.

At LD, the habs already have Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris, and Struble at the nhl level. They also have Engstrom, and Hutson, who is arguably their best prospect, coming up.

World of difference between their LD depth now and their RD depth last season. Even Hughes basically said they wouldn't have drafted Reinbacher if he was a LD.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Using a high end asset on what the habs already have too much of is a big waste.

A forward was a bigger need for the habs, but RD was still a need. The habs only had Barron and Mailloux in their system, and only one of them was playing pro hockey. So there was a lot of uncertainty with the future right side of the habs.

At LD, the habs already have Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris, and Struble at the nhl level. They also have Engstrom, and Hutson, who is arguably their best prospect, coming up.

World of difference between their LD depth now and their RD depth last season. Even Hughes basically said they wouldn't have drafted Reinbacher if he was a LD.
Hughes did not say that. He said that Reinbacher being a rd was a point in his favor. He didn't say they wouldn't take a ld. Presumably the decision would be closer and Leonard might have been favored by some some of the staff.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad