NCAA prospects at NHL camps?

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I remember the last years, it was not allowed for NCAA players to go to NHL camps unless they paid everything for themselves.

Now I see Okposo at the Isles camp for example, or the new draftees Turris and van Riemsdyk (and there are a lot more) who will go to college at their respective NHL teams' camps.

Has the NCAA changed their rules? Or do that boys actually get paid everything there by their parents?

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
I remember the last years, it was not allowed for NCAA players to go to NHL camps unless they paid everything for themselves.

Now I see Okposo at the Isles camp for example, or the new draftees Turris and van Riemsdyk (and there are a lot more) who will go to college at their respective NHL teams' camps.

Has the NCAA changed their rules? Or do that boys actually get paid everything there by their parents?

To retain their college eligibility, they need to pay their own way. The NCAA hasn't changed that rule.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
All 8 of the Habs NCAA prospects are paying their own way to the teams development camp that starts tuesday. It's a shame they have to pay their own way but it's good to see them all going, shows they are committed to improving plus it gives them the chance to get to know one another, although 6 of the 8 are from Minnesota so some already know each other. (Fischer, McDonagh, Wyman, Conboy, Stejskal, Kishel)

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
All 8 of the Habs NCAA prospects are paying their own way to the teams development camp that starts tuesday. It's a shame they have to pay their own way but it's good to see them all going, shows they are committed to improving plus it gives them the chance to get to know one another, although 6 of the 8 are from Minnesota so some already know each other. (Fischer, McDonagh, Wyman, Conboy, Stejskal, Kishel)

I guess they will carpool their way to the Bell Center. Nothing like a road trip to get to know each other... That should be a blast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad