Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
IMG_3448.jpeg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

You know it. Sad to think that it could all be over soon.

I love the tourney events and that atmosphere. Will say the pep bands from the SEC and Big X schools really bring it.

ACC started this garbage and mishandled it at every expansion. It’s pretty fitting that they could be reduced to a 3rd tier conference soon, if a conference at all.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
If you want to go way waaaaaaaaay back the Big East were the ones that really f***ed things up back when they rejected Paterno and Ped State.
I've heard that it was Big East basketball that rejected Penn St.

But I've also heard that Penn St. football demanded 2 home games for each away game as a condition to joining the Big East, which if true had to be a major contributing factor.

Whatever actually happened, I do miss the halcyon days of Big East basketball. :(

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

But I've also heard that Penn St. football demanded 2 home games for each away game as a condition to joining the Big East, which if true had to be a major contributing factor.

Whatever actually happened, I do miss the halcyon days of Big East basketball. :(

The Big East 30 for 30 mentioned something about Penn State not being in a "market" but also hinted the basketball program was weak, not sure about the Penn State "demands" but I believe it.

And yeah, the Big East tournament was always a great watch. Can't remember the year but I think it was UConn and Georgetown that played 6 overtimes for the title. That was something else man.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
The Big East 30 for 30 mentioned something about Penn State not being in a "market" but also hinted the basketball program was weak, not sure about the Penn State "demands" but I believe it.

And yeah, the Big East tournament was always a great watch. Can't remember the year but I think it was UConn and Georgetown that played 6 overtimes for the title. That was something else man.
Syracuse - UConn, 2009 (not the final, though)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Yep, all those schools were still independents in FB (if they played at all) and Penn State was trying to get them onboard with getting the football side of the conference off the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad