GDT: NCAA Championship Game: Notre Dame vs. UMD (7:30PM on TSN2 & ESPN)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DaLrEhnWkAA1EEx.jpg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
changed the title a little, it's on ESPN not ESPN2 for those watching it in the states. Should be a good game. UMD has a young blueline, Notre Dame has the top goalie in the NCAA. Both goalies are undrafted FA's.

For the draft, take a look at UMD's Scott Perunovich #7. He was passed over at last summers draft, he's an undersized Freshman but led his team in scoring.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I hope Jake Evans leads his team to the title and signs an entry level contract after the game.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I hope Jake Evans leads his team to the title and signs an entry level contract after the game.
I really hope he plays nhl games. It's so unlikely that a seventh round pick ever makes it that it's always nice when one does. So hopefully Jake Evans is one of those success stories. I mean even if he doesn't he's already had a fantastic hockey career and an education to go with it. I'm cheering for him.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
changed the title a little, it's on ESPN not ESPN2 for those watching it in the states. Should be a good game. UMD has a young blueline, Notre Dame has the top goalie in the NCAA. Both goalies are undrafted FA's.

For the draft, take a look at UMD's Scott Perunovich #7. He was passed over at last summers draft, he's an undersized Freshman but led his team in scoring.

I had checked on NCAA's site and it was written ESPN 2. Nevertheless. Let's go Evans!

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Notre dame looking better. Killed off 2 big penalties and then scored on a powerplay of their own. 2-1 but Notre dame pushing.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Trevor Timmins with the 7th round pick # 207 takes Center Jake"Capt.Lucky Charm"Evans, Go Irish Go!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Evans looking better as the game goes on. Notre dame still pushing but can't get the equalizer. End of 2 still 2-1.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Will the Cardiac Kids have one more trick in their sleeve? 10 minutes to go. Still 2-1.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Cardiac Kids didn't have enough this time.....Sucks. Can't believe MND won the National Championship....wow.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yup, UND got close but they couldn't quite pull off the late game heroics this time. Evans can end his college career with pride, he played very well. I never would have bet on Duluth actually winning it all before the tournament started.

Last edited:
Reactions: dralaf

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hey....small thought to Scott Kishel....ex-Habs prospects that used to play for MND....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yup, UND got close but they couldn't quite pull off the late game heroics this time. Evans can end his college career with pride, he okayed very well. I never would have bet on Duluth actually winning it all before the tournament started.

It should have ended in the 1st round for them. Minn State was so much better. Then, they had the chance to see Air Force win against St-Cloud. Then Ohio. All super close games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
UMD lost in the finals last year to Denver, so guess it's fitting they get the win although Notre Dame also lost to Denver in the semi-finals of the frozen fours last year. I would have thought Denver would repeat this year, having the best player in the NCAA and just dominated teams last year. Funny, both this year and last years National Champions were coached by former Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad