Bummer we should have TNT and NBC and no ESPN

BUT there is a silver lining : no more Reggie Miller YEEEEEEEAH

NBA and NBC and no ESPN would be ideal

At least NO MORE REGGIE MILLER WOOOO

sorry for a potential double post

Was that said out loud?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
love to see the nba on nbc back, but absolutely not at the cost of tnt and their personalities

should've been espn and their shitty coverage/personalities that got the axe. nbc/tnt coverage would've been excellent

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
NBC will have to buy the rights to “Roundball Rock” from Fox Sports if they want to bring back that classic, theme, right? Fox currently usss ot for their NCAA coverage.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
NBC can bring back Roundball Rock but they can’t bring back Marv, the Czar of the Telestrator, Steve “Snapper” Jones, Bob Costas nor even Bill Walton, so it’s probably going to suck.

Nor can they bring back Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, John Starks, nor any other personalities that made the NBA so great in the 90s.

Everything just came together for the NBA on NBC in the 90s, just like Magic and Bird for CBS in the 80s. I just don’t see this being worth the loss of Inside the NBA, which unfortunately is more entertaining than most of the games they broadcast.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably doesn’t say much to the NHL that NBC acted like they were broke in 2021 in attempting to keep those rights.

And also to TNT that they couldn’t keep the NBA, I’m sure they didn’t want the NHL to be their flag bearer. Role reversal.

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I'm fine converting Inside the NBA to Inside the NHL.
Problem is their NHL crew does not come close to matching the personalities of the NBA crew.

Biz Nasty is supposedly their version of Chuck but to the casuals, who the f*** is Biz Nasty? Chuck is a HOFer who also happens to be the class clown. Plus, the thick Canadian accent probably turns off a lot of audiences. I’m really surprised they never brought in Jeremy Roenick.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Problem is their NHL crew does not come close to matching the personalities of the NBA crew.

Biz Nasty is supposedly their version of Chuck but to the casuals, who the f*** is Biz Nasty? Chuck is a HOFer who also happens to be the class clown. Plus, the thick Canadian accent probably turns off a lot of audiences. I’m really surprised they never brought in Jeremy Roenick.
No I'm saying take Shaq, Kenny and Charles and move them to the NHL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Nobody wants Roenick because everyone thinks he’s a dick.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016

Roenick got cancelled, right?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
One random memory was being in a restaurant that had been showing an NBA playoff game on NBC circa 2002. After the game, NBC had Fear Factor and none of the employees thought to change the channel. Naturally when the eating challenge happened, everybody put their utensils down since they were grossed out.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Probably doesn’t say much to the NHL that NBC acted like they were broke in 2021 in attempting to keep those rights.

And also to TNT that they couldn’t keep the NBA, I’m sure they didn’t want the NHL to be their flag bearer. Role reversal.

NBC didn’t want to retain the NHL rights, they clearly had the money, but didn’t think it was worth it compared to EPL, Big Ten, and now potentially the NBA

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NBC didn’t want to retain the NHL rights, they clearly had the money, but didn’t think it was worth it compared to EPL, Big Ten, and now potentially the NBA
Makes both them and TNT look second rate. NBA was already the B package. TBS the same for baseball. AEW. And that’s not to say TNT is bad, but you want the biggest outlets possible paying you.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad