Arizona
Should add a poll. What, if either, will happen first in our lifetime:

- the Knicks get competent management

or

- the Rangers win a cup

LOL

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Really like Gibson being back. Can fill in if needed, but these young guys are going to learn from a true professional. The guards have Rose and the bigs have Gibson. Robinson got a lot better once Gibson was brought in to help him. Guys that have won, been part of winning teams, and have gone through the ups and downs.

Before last season, the Knicks never had these players to help the youth of the team. Now, they've got two high character leaders to be around their 4 draft picks this year and hopefully two super sophomores.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not thrilled nor am I too upset at the moves the Knicks made. It is what it is. There was no elite FA's to throw money to and so they kept the team they had last year and they upgraded it slightly with Fornier over Bullock. Hopefully there will be an opening to bring Lillard in here.

If not, this is the way it's going to be here for the immediate future... build thru the draft and play hardnosed nasty defense make the playoffs and hope to pull off an upset or two. It may not be ideal but it's better than finishing last every year, not being competitive and have no hope at all.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I love it. Low risk move. Homecoming. Hopefully he bounces back.

I'm with ya...like this move ALOT!!. No lose situation and it could be potentially a bigtime addition. As I said in my previous post, Knicks really can't do much more than the things they've done...keep the core and make a few additional moves that should improve the team like Fournier and now Kemba all of which should keep the Knicks just below the elite teams in the east albeit a dangerous one capable of potentially pulling off an upset or two in the playoffs....we shalt see!

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Perfect signing for the team. Now they shouldn't be reliant on IQ being a primary for this season. He can be off the ball and spread the floor.

Walker needs to be able to hit is shots, but he is a true pick and roll PG. No matter what, if he performs like he did in Boston these past two seasons, he's a very valuable player. Just didn't fit in Boston.

Now the Knicks have multiple guys that can drop 20 in a game. Barrett, Randle, Fournier, and Walker. Rose can come off the bench again and be a 14 point guy.

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017
Now the Knicks have multiple guys that can drop 20 in a game. Barrett, Randle, Fournier, and Walker. Rose can come off the bench again and be a 14 point guy.

This is key, when Randle fell off the entire team fell off last year. Now we have guys that can pick up the slack. I also love the mix of veteran leadership with up and coming stars. They are deep too so can absorb some inevitable injuries

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Knicks don't really have a big 3, but they are DEEP

Exactly. Julius Randle is a not a #1 go to guy. Until he goes from being their #1 scoring threat to more like a #3, the Knicks will never be a threat to win an NBA title.

But as I said yesterday, considering the suckage(yes that's a word...lol) the Knicks have been for pretty much the past two decades albeit for those magical 3 weeks of Linsanity in 2012 and that one playoff year back in 2013, I think myself and any Knick fan would sign up for a team that competed like they did last year, was exciting most of the time and made the playoffs.

Now if we get a Zion and a Lillard for example come here in a few years, that's a whole other conversation and than we can maybe start thinking titles. Until than best we can hope for is to have productive drafts, be an absolute pain in the ass to have to play against, make the playoffs and possibly pull off an upset or two when we got there.

Not greedy here as I'd absolutely take that for a few more years until we could bring in a Zion type or two.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This is all great work

This is perfect. Lines up with the end of Barrett's deal so they will have room to pay him if he keeps progressing.

You also put yourself in the Zion market for a sign and trade if that franchise continues to sit in mediocrity. Embiid and Jokic are free agents that year as well.

They've built a solid squad from 1 through about 12. There is depth and there is youth to grow. Have to see how their picks this year progress, but they have future 1sts and the chance for young pieces that other teams will covet if an elite player makes themselves available.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Good for Randle getting the bag. The extension now helps their long-term cap outlook too. I think the changes are subtle on paper, but I really like the moves the Knicks have made this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad