Tribute Nazem Kadri Appreciation Thread

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
I think it was pretty much Manson vs Kadri in CAP sense. Would've loved to have him back at 7X7 as a 2C. He'll give at least 3-4 years to Flames now that they somehow managed to make a contender during off-season. He had great chemistry with Rantanen and Lehkonen and it would've been great to keep on to watch that.

Furthermore, I think his bad rep is mostly due to TOR media and the punishment for a bit the reckless hit on Faulk was based on that reputation. I haven't seen any article or interview where any Avs player would've said anything but positive about the man. Great that he got his payday. Calgary will be a pain to play against next season.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
DnzG-0gXsAI5lIy.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haven't been this disappointed in losing an Avalanche player in a long time, and didn't think I would, since I assumed all year Naz was gone. His swagger was a big part of the team.

But going to a potential Western Conference rival we could play for years in the playoffs kind of stings.

Felt like Toronto gave up on him and lots of people counted him out. Then especially after Denver rallied around him after that BS in St Louis, he became our player. But now he's going to Calgary for twice as long as he was here and in the end could be more remembered for his time there and in Toronto than Denver.

Bittersweet ending. Feels like Naz and Denver became the perfect love story and it should have ended with him riding into the sunset with the team, but it just wasn't meant to be.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Incredible player and person. So much resilience and class. He’s a favorite of mine. Imagine what he must have gone through growing up with his background culminating in the outburst of racisme in St. Louis. But the good guy won in the end. I felt like I was watching a movie. So long Naz best of luck in Calgary, just not against us.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
A very short stay, but he'll go down as one of my all time favorites, because he exuded such class on the ice, but just as importantly off the ice too. A true testament to our club.

We are a club that stands for character. Compete. Hard work. Winning. Also sums up Naz.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I’m just waiting for us to trade for him with Calgary retaining salary.
That damn salary , that's the problem as we couldnt fit him under the cap (the age factor too) . Kadri is the perfect fit as a 2C for the Avs. He brings intensity to the game that warrior drive on the ice , the same intensity missing from a lot of our players lately.

Reactions: katfude

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That damn salary , that's the problem as we couldnt fit him under the cap (the age factor too) . Kadri is the perfect fit as a 2C for the Avs. He brings intensity to the game that warrior drive on the ice , the same intensity missing from a lot of our players lately.
We basically had to choose between Naz and Nuke. If Val had walked away we could have comfortably fit his 7x7 under the cap. That's a hell of a choice, one of our best two-way wingers in a system that absolutely loves that type of player (and with Landeskog's future uncertain), or the 2C we've always needed.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We basically had to choose between Naz and Nuke. If Val had walked away we could have comfortably fit his 7x7 under the cap. That's a hell of a choice, one of our best two-way wingers in a system that absolutely loves that type of player (and with Landeskog's future uncertain), or the 2C we've always needed.
It still comes down to the fact that the Sakic/CMac brain trust prioritized wings and dmen over centers. That was a decision they made with their cap strategy.

I don't know what I find more depressing, the thought that Sakic/CMac thought their amateur scouts would provide them an out, or the fact that after that failed, they decided RyJo was the answer. Really wish, they had a 30-game guarantee with a full return to sender clause in that trade.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It still comes down to the fact that the Sakic/CMac brain trust prioritized wings and dmen over centers. That was a decision they made with their cap strategy.
To be fair, they tended to prioritize two-way wingers the most. Landeskog, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, all defensively sound and capable of battling in the corners while producing in the top 6. Bednar's system benefits a lot from having wingers that can do multiple jobs like that, as well as having that type of player on the wings of our offense-only centers. Imagine if McDavid and Draisaitl had linemates like those three who excel at making up for their defensive weaknesses. It's an underrated aspect of how Holland has failed to build a winner, he really hasn't prioritized two-way complementary scorers at all.

Really wish, they had a 30-game guarantee with a full return to sender clause in that trade.
For real. Send us Galchenyuk back already!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad