OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They said they were gonna.

Just watching to see how this all plays out. IMO the LIV jumpers have no case against the PGA Tour as a private business with exclusive membership that doesn't discriminate illegally.

If you want to work for IBM they can take away your swipe card if you moonlight at HP, right? This seems no different.
Not quite the same thing, but we’ll see. It’s for sure going to court.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Tough look for the PGA Tour that 4 out of their 10 Player Impact Program winners aren't even on their tour less than a year later, now that Bryson's gone and Bubba likely is too.

I wonder who's next. Koepka seems like an obvious choice considering how little he cares about non-major PGA Tour events. He's been pretty outspoken about being against LIV, but so was Pat Perez, and now he's gone. Plus, his brother joined up too.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Tough look for the PGA Tour that 4 out of their 10 Player Impact Program winners aren't even on their tour less than a year later, now that Bryson's gone and Bubba likely is too.

I wonder who's next. Koepka seems like an obvious choice considering how little he cares about non-major PGA Tour events. He's been pretty outspoken about being against LIV, but so was Pat Perez, and now he's gone. Plus, his brother joined up too.
I’m watching the field this week……booooooooooring.

This isn’t good for golf I’ll say that.

Has there ever been a more boring #1 than Scotty Scheffler? He’s great and all….but the Tour lost some characters. I don’t care to see Rory beat up on an average field…..

plenty of good and compelling guys still, but some weeks, I can see tuning out more often…

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m watching the field this week……booooooooooring.

This isn’t good for golf I’ll say that.

Has there ever been a more boring #1 than Scotty Scheffler? He’s great and all….but the Tour lost some characters. I don’t care to see Rory beat up on an average field…..

plenty of good and compelling guys still, but some weeks, I can see tuning out more often…

Dustin is a zombie on the golf course but at least he's interesting to watch because of his swing and his distance.

Before that maybe Kaymer over 10 years ago.

Then there was Els in the late 90s. Great guy but the "big easy" was pretty uninspiring unless you're a stoic.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
We can't forget the days of ten years ago when Luke Donald and Lee Westwood were number one during the power vacuum left by Tiger's absence in 2010/2011. Scottie might be a bland dude, but at least he's legitimately great, and worthy of being number one, unlike those two.

Certainly, you can count on one hand the number of compelling people (people, not golfers) to be ranked number one since Tiger came up 25 years ago... there's him, Rory, Spieth... maybe Rahm? I think Koepka's an interesting figure but I seem to be in the minority on that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lol wow…..

When Phil teed off in London, he was wearing a black vest with the Augusta National Golf Club logo on it — and the logo was blacked out (with a Sharpie, it looked like).

I can't imagine the members at Augusta are pleased about that AT ALL. They've banned people for far less.

Maybe he should've blocked it out with bikini wax.

This line was particularly brutal:

1655052505468.png

*smoldering crater*

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Yep…..JT pulled their bacon out of the fire with a great showing (Until right at the end)…

Rory just commented about how this 21st PGA win means something more today because he passes “someone” (Norman 20 wins)……

Hearing Monahan earlier and comments like that….they certainly are defensive.

Lines are being drawn between some big names….should make for good drama in the Majors

….this could turn into how it was when you wanted the WWF to crossover against WCW…lol.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Wouldn't have won the world series without his performance that playoffs and like the resigning but I don't think anyone would have thought he would have broke down so much.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Loved Trez here but driving around in a state like KY with three bricks in your backpack is not the brightest move.
Man what the hell was he thinking, sigh.

State Police pulling someone over following to close behind seems a little sketch as well without some proof. VA State Police could pull over a bazillion drives a day in Virginia for that.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

oof…..tough to read….c’mon Phil….

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Man what the hell was he thinking, sigh.

State Police pulling someone over following to close behind seems a little sketch as well without some proof. VA State Police could pull over a bazillion drives a day in Virginia for that.
Yeah those are essentially the car version of stop and frisk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad