Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
There was a story about this lady on Twitter a few years back when a lot of the other stuff was in the news.

It was claimed that she mediated SA accusations (not related to the Hawks, but she was an advisor for the Hawks at the time) between tribe members. The allegation via screenshots was basically that she gaslit/blamed the victims.

Deleted from Twitter but still archived:

5f6999a36da2ca1dd0c0d132e4f8964c7e0b12d2.jpg

Edit; to clarify, in response to these allegations people on social media were criticizing the Blackhawks for employing her.

Last edited:

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
We’re not looking back at 2022, we’re looking forward. And we’re not going to talk about 2022.

• Wow
Reactions: ORRFForever

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I don't pretend to know the validity of the sexual harassment claims, so I'm not going to comment on that, but it seems a bit naive of Ms. Sanders to think the Blackhawks were going to hire her if they had any plans to change the name. As for the tribe, they could have refused the offer and continued to demand a change of name and logo.
Buy me a helicopter and you can call me whatever you want

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'll be honest, I hate the Blackhawks org and love everything that makes them look as shitty as they are

but

this lawsuit looks like the complainant didn't get what she wanted when she took the job and decided she was going to sue the team and hey, sexual assault is low hanging fruit with that organization. Sounds to me like she took the job with a chip on her shoulder and, surprise surprise the involved tribes accepted what amounts to a licensing fee for their hero figure, and she got pissed off and turned into a problem.

I'll be interested to see what the evidence is.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017

The blackhawks love telling the truth about these types of things don't they

Ah, my favorite part of HF Boards where the rocket scientists and bio-engineers give their guilty verdict immediately upon hearing accusations.
Yeah maybe she was asking for it too like beach. When does history or reputation matter to some of you? Only when u need to get off scot free I guess.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1. I have no idea about the lawsuit.

2. It's 2024. call me a sjw if you want, idgaf. Using native faces on logos, especially one who was fighting against the settlers? well, it's yikes. It's been yikes for a long time. Most people know it's yikes.

3. And justifying it by getting the endorsements of some leaders who received a decommissioned helicopter is some anachronistic bull***. Come on you yikesy mfs.

4. Maybe the lawsuit is really just an elaborate ploy to get a giant neon pointing finger with 'yikes' pointing at the blackhawks. because you know...
Who talks like this???

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Yeah maybe she was asking for it too like beach. When does history or reputation matter to some of you? Only when u need to get off scot free I guess.
Speaking of reputation, it doesn't sound like she's got the best of them.

Innocent until proven guilty.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Speaking of reputation, it doesn't sound like she's got the best of them.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Yeah, I'm not gunna call anyone a grifter when they are accusing a known POS org that sweeps rape under the rug. Who knows maybe the blackhawks are the good guys actually.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

I think the case hinges on whether or not she has the unsolicited videos/images.

If she has the videos/images and her lawyers can link the individual in question to the Blackhawks during the discovery process (which should be pretty simple via bank records and w-2s) it's an open and shut case. Without the video and a direct link the complaint turns into "this guy touched me" and with her openly presenting herself as an adversarial consultant and employee, it's not a good look for her.

The fact that she is wrapping the sexual assault allegations in with the fraud complaint makes me suspect she took the job expecting the Blackhawks to change their logo, got mad when they didn't, and is using the org's reputation to legitimize a vexatious lawsuit.

It will be interesting to see how this one
develops.

Edited for autocorrect shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad