NCAA: National Signing Day

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seen 4/5 stars leave the big time programs to get playing time as they haven't been as good as expected and see 3 stars go from lower to mid programs into these big time programs because they have performed early in their collegiate careers.

Is National signing day going to be as big a deal to the big programs moving forward as the transfer portal is right now?

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Jeremiah Smith maybe the best high school WR prospect I have ever seen.

Like I need somebody to give Hartline a HC gig

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Seen 4/5 stars leave the big time programs to get playing time as they haven't been as good as expected and see 3 stars go from lower to mid programs into these big time programs because they have performed early in their collegiate careers.

Is National signing day going to be as big a deal to the big programs moving forward as the transfer portal is right now?

"Portal day" will be a bigger deal, kind of like free agency day in pro sports

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Everyone is in for Texas, except 5* WR Ryan Wingo who Mizzou is making a late run at and 4* ATH Hampton who Bama is making a run at.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think tOSU may go with freshman Air Noland at QB, they don't seem to be in for any of the transfers
Noland can still sign with OSU even with a transfer portal acquisition. Rare for true freshmen to win the job. Just a matter of whether that portal person has 1 or multiple years of eligibility left. Ward from WSU only has 1 left for example. He can then compete for the job as a SO.
But, it's a trickle down effect as Brown and Keinholz are there with 2 and 3 years of eligibility remaining. I'd imagine Brown leaves if they take a portal QB. Keinholz can still wait, but blew a year as a 3rd stringer last year and would spend another year as a backup, so that's 2 years gone before getting a legit shot for the job as a JR vs SO Noland. He may also benefit from leaving if a portal kid does sign with them. Leave Noland as the backup as a true freshman.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Like as in the starter next year??

Why not?

The top ranked guy the Buckeyes have is the #13 prospect last year. Noland is #4 this year. That's a pretty big gap and while experience will matter, if he's better you have to play him, transfers being what they are now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad