NCAA: National Signing Day 2022

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Oregon continues their great close, they land 5* DL Matayo Uiagalelei, brother of former Clemson QB DJ

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
5* teammates Qua Russaw and James Smith both commit to their instate school, Alabama. Gives them 6 5*'s.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Arch Manning, Malachi Nelson both 5* QB's have signed with Texas and USC.

Who isn't signing today and maybe pushing to Feb.
Keep in mind that there are plenty of ncaa players in the transfer portal with more names to come. Like Sam Huard of Washington since Pennix is returning for another season and Huard has been the backup the prior 2 seasons and was a top 5 recruit himself.

So even if you commit now you can still change your mind. That’s the thing with national signing day now as you may sign and then some Junior or Sophomore who has playing time experience transfers and you are going to be behind that player. Most impactful for the QB position as almost every other position you can at least rotate in as a freshman.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Keep in mind that there are plenty of ncaa players in the transfer portal with more names to come. Like Sam Huard of Washington since Pennix is returning for another season and Huard has been the backup the prior 2 seasons and was a top 5 recruit himself.

So even if you commit now you can still change your mind. That’s the thing with national signing day now as you may sign and then some Junior or Sophomore who has playing time experience transfers and you are going to be behind that player. Most impactful for the QB position as almost every other position you can at least rotate in as a freshman.
I expect Sam Huard to maybe hit the portal, someone from Ohio States QB room.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I expect Sam Huard to maybe hit the portal, someone from Ohio States QB room.
OSU maybe not this off season as I suspect both McCord and Brown to go into spring ball and compete. Loser of the competition will transfer. You shouldn’t leave school with eligibility if you are only a one year starter. Need more reps as the nfl expect first rounders to hit the ground running. I thought McCord would have transferred last off season. But he decided to stay knowing that Stroud was the returning starter and thus he was going to back him up this season. Only injury was going to give him a.m shot as the starter.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
OSU maybe not this off season as I suspect both McCord and Brown to go into spring ball and compete. Loser of the competition will transfer. You shouldn’t leave school with eligibility if you are only a one year starter. Need more reps as the nfl expect first rounders to hit the ground running. I thought McCord would have transferred last off season. But he decided to stay knowing that Stroud was the returning starter and thus he was going to back him up this season. Only injury was going to give him a.m shot as the starter.
The loser of the QB battle at Georgia will also hit. Between Stockton, Vandergrift and Beck.

I think I prefer Lincoln Riley QB recruiting over Ryan Days even though both have worked out.

Lincoln goes for every other year stud, which seems like what Sark is doing at Texas.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The loser of the QB battle at Georgia will also hit. Between Stockton, Vandergrift and Beck.

I think I prefer Lincoln Riley QB recruiting over Ryan Days even though both have worked out.

Lincoln goes for every other year stud, which seems like what Sark is doing at Texas.
Assuming the stud plays 2 years then it makes sense as you backup as a freshman a MNF then take over as a starter in your sophomore year.

I would expect 2 of rhe Georgia QBs to transfer who don’t win the battle. As Georgia is likely to grab another top 10 QB recruit in 2023.

Kirby has opted for Fromm and Bennett over the likes of Eason, Fields, beck, Vandy, and Stockton who all came in with higher pedigrees than the 2 starters over the past 5 seasons.

Sep 19, 2008

1673541294710.png

1673541286982.png

1673541307992.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad