National Post: Toronto Maple Leafs' redesigned dressing room

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...andy-carlyle-says-goaltending-is-nhl-quality/

leafs3.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs' redesigned dressing room was seen during impromptu tour by Head Coach Randy Carlyle after a press conference at Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Found Waldo.

They recently renovated it this past summer. I think all they changed was the logo and maybe the lights.
1297302946105_ORIGINAL.jpg

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
Last edited:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I wanted to see what the dressing room would look like and now that I see it, I realize that I don't know what it looked like before. A part of me feels like it may just look almost identical to the old room. The only thing I know for certain that's different is that the quotes above the stalls were removed. It's clean and simple and being a locker room, it doesn't need to be complicated. They could've worked the colour scheme better though.

member 147413

How has Dion earned having his picture on the wall?

Disgrace to past Leafs Legends if you ask me.

This isn't the reason why for me, but I also find it very odd that they have pictures of current players on the wall in their dressing room...

Why not Leafs greats, or something that would be cool is have a picture of a Leaf great in each players stall.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It's actually there for a backboard since Dion can't hit the garbage can with his sock tape.

On that note, now that the season will start, I have my dartboard set up with my autographed portraits of Dion and Kessel pinned up, ready to go.

I doubt that's what those are for in the dressing room though.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Maybe they have that Dion shrine in case the media have trouble getting.......... an answer......from...................Dion.

The wall might be a better source of info.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
^ Somebody has issues :laugh:

Pretty snazzy. Carlyle even has better taste in rugs and lights compared to Ron. :sarcasm:

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
On that note, now that the season will start, I have my dartboard set up with my autographed portraits of Dion and Kessel pinned up, ready to go.

I doubt that's what those are for in the dressing room though.

Not sure why you have Kessel, but whatever floats your boat.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Maybe they have that Dion shrine in case the media have trouble getting.......... an answer......from...................Dion.

The wall might be a better source of info.

Shrine? It's just one picture lol.
Somebody sounds angry just for the sake of being angry.

Can't really tell much has changed but I'm sure the players will notice the little things if there has been changes.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I saw a video of Carlyle giving a tour but I don't remember where I saw the video. Apparently there's a huge boulder before you turn into the dressing room - the boulder is going to have the Leafs logo grafted in to and the boulder is supposed to symbolize building a rock solid organization or something like that. He also wants to put new quotes in the area but wants to get the input of the players before they do that. With the lockout, he was unable to get that completed. Also, there's something that's in the lounge area - I don't know if it's a plaque, a door or what but it has the name of every player that's ever played for the Leafs so joining past and present history of the organization. Probably the coolest feature is a new limestone door that takes you into the dressing room. It's looks like a bronze type colour and I think it has all of the Leafs Cup wins but it's patterned exactly like how you would see the team and players engraved on the Cup. And there's an overlay that says WIN.

This probably sounds really confusing. I'll see if I can find the video.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I saw a video of Carlyle giving a tour but I don't remember where I saw the video. Apparently there's a huge boulder before you turn into the dressing room - the boulder is going to have the Leafs logo grafted in to and the boulder is supposed to symbolize building a rock solid organization or something like that.

Pretty sure the boulder is for the Raptors and their "Pound the Rock" theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00