Will MacKinnon win the Hart trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOL OILERS
Dude, just think about him being on a line with McDavid. Holy ****, he probably loses the Hart if that were to be the case, but would've definitely passed the Ducks last year and been a better team this year. Probably should've traded Draisaitl for a premier defender instead of gambling for Larsson with Hall.

Reactions: MacBradley

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
I'm disappointed because quite honestly, having a killer year is so hard to do consistently in professional sports so who knows when we'll get another year like this from him.

Whatever. We know he's a true competitor. Here's hoping his next major individual award is a Conn Smythe.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
MacKinnon with more than double Hall's 4th and 5th place votes is proof positive of east coast bias IMO. 15 to 7. They clearly just weren't following what he did. :shakehead

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So based on the votes, it was 100% because of the scoring slump near the end of the regular season that he didn't win it

Meh start of the season + injury + slump for the last ~7 games or so.

If 2 of these 3 things don't happen he easily wins the Hart + the Ted Lindsay.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ah well. It was close and Hall had a great season as well. Hopefully MacKinnon will stay healthy and get em next year.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Prime example of east coast bias. MacKinnon had more points in less games, and carried a team on his back from dead last to the playoffs. He got robbed.
One thing that helped Hall is the rest of the team really sucked offensively. Like really, really bad.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's very clear the only way you're winning a major trophy is if you play in the East or your name is McDavid.

It's very clear to me that the voting system needs to change after this disgrace. It's clear there are lots of voters who simply just didn't watch much of MacKinnon. These East coast voters simply just don't stay up late enough to watch these Western conference players enough. They aren't staying up until midnight or later to watch games on the west coast.

Anyone who had MacKinnon lower than 3 on their ballots just simply weren't paying attention, and I'd love to hear their reasoning because it would probably be laughable.

Oh well, not much you can do about it at this point. I hope that this fuels MacKinnon to be even better next year.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's very clear the only way you're winning a major trophy is if you play in the East or your name is McDavid.
Or Kopitar. Or Rinne. Or Karlsson. Or Gallant. Or McPhee. Or Sedin. Or Engelland.

Reactions: MarkT

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think the best point I've heard yet was why was MacKinnon punished for making his teammates better? If Hall was truly great he wouldn't have been 45+ pts better than the next guy on his team. He would have made their stats better, just like MacK did with Rantanen and Landy. Those two don't have the years they had without MacK going full on beast mode.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not as bad as 2014 when Rask beat Varly with slightly better numbers when playing behind Bergeron and Chara.

Yeah definitely. That was waaayyyyyy worse than Mack not winning the Hart. Hall had an incredible season worthy of the Hart and it only could’ve gone to him or Mack. But the fact that Varly lost to Rask was genuinely head scratching to me.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Or Kopitar. Or Rinne. Or Karlsson. Or Gallant. Or McPhee. Or Sedin. Or Engelland.
Let's not kid ourselves here the only awards worth a crap are the Norris the Vezina and the Hart. No one's cares about the best defensive forward or the most gentlemanly player or gm of the year etc.

They care about who was the best at their position and who was the MVP.

And those awards went to two guys on an East coast team and Rinne who might as well play on an eastern team being in Nashville.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
So we got screwed once again. First the 4th overall last season and than this....

I can live with Hall, but my vote is Mac.

Johnson or Subban takings sides with Mac didn't help Nate in the end.....

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad