Prospect Info: Nate Schnarr

John B

Nov 19, 2016
6'3", 181lbs. RHC chosen 75th overall by Arizona from the Guelph Storm of the OHL.
Traded to New Jersey Devils along with Nick Merkley, Kevin Bahl, 2020 1st rounder and 2021 3rd rounder for Taylor Hall and Blake Speers.
Traded at the 2022 trade deadline to Montreal for Andrew Hammond.
Has 13 goals and 26 points in 43 games so far in 2021-22 AHL season playing for Utica.

Reactions: angusyoung

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He was 22 at the beginning of the season and was a 3rd round pick. He'll probably never pan out but he's not in the AHLer for life status yet which is a lot more than you can ask for Andrew Hammond (Brandon Baddock).

Reactions: angusyoung

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
My thoughts, I've seen him probably 40 times in my life and a few times this year.

In junior, he blew up in his final year. Which is somewhat common with overagers, but he still hit over 100 points. He produced in the playoffs too. He's got a very good compete level, an active stick, and great size. He saw the ice well both offensively and defensively. Terrible skater. Just brutal. However, I saw him a few times this year and his skating is massively improved. It's probably still the thing keeping him out of the NHL at this point though. I'd say he went from terrible to average. But because he's big, he almost seems below average at skating still. But the improvement in the last two years is evident. He's good defensively and fairly disciplined despite being a physical guy.

My outlook is that he was acquired to help Laval for their playoffs. He comes into the team and ranks 4th on scoring, just one single point behind Jesse Ylonen (Schnarr has played one more game). I think next year, he has a good shot to make the team out of camp as a spare forward. I could see him getting plenty of games over Poehling if he doesn't up his game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He was 22 at the beginning of the season and was a 3rd round pick. He'll probably never pan out but he's not in the AHLer for life status yet which is a lot more than you can ask for Andrew Hammond (Brandon Baddock).
Schueneman is 26 and we're in love with him right now.

I wouldn't write Schnarr off. He was scoring a very good clip to start the season before getting injured. And he does all the other things coaches like.

His NHL outlook is simple - is skating too big of a hinderance? To this point - probably. But he's improved it massively and I think he'll continue to work on it. His offensive game probably doesn't translate to the NHL, but a solid #4C is very possible. A #3C is also possible, but would obviously be crazy development with his skating.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hope to get the chance to see him play soon,maybe he can get a look with the big club considering?
Anyone who's name starts with SCH is more than fine in my books,liking that Schueneman guy too:nod:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looking at his numbers in the AHL, in his first season, he's on pace for 30 points had he played 76 games instead of just 43. So not bad production for a 20 year old. The next season his ppg goes up a little to .45 so he's on pace for 34 pts, so you would hope for a little more improvement but his team was terrible as they were last in the entire AHL in terms of win %. So when you look at the team, he was only 2 goals away from the team lead and he was 4th on the team in points, 4 away from the team lead.

This year his team was the best team in the AHL for much of the year, they now sit 3rd OA in win %. Only 3 players on the team had more goals then him, if he had 1 more pt he would be tied for 6th in pts. His ppg jumped to a .6 which is a pace of 46 pts over 76 which is a nice jump in production but I don't know if he was pushed down the lineup due to how good they are or are his numbers inflated due to being on a top team. Looking forward to seeing how he does the rest of the year with Laval.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
6'3", 181lbs. RHC chosen 75th overall by Arizona from the Guelph Storm of the OHL.
Traded to New Jersey Devils along with Nick Merkley, Kevin Bahl, 2020 1st rounder and 2021 3rd rounder for Taylor Hall and Blake Speers.
Traded at the 2022 trade deadline to Montreal for Andrew Hammond.
Has 13 goals and 26 points in 43 games so far in 2021-22 AHL season playing for Utica.
He had big points in junior, zilch in minors. Reason sounds like lack of skating?? Big man.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
At minimum seems like the type of AHL production you try to sneak through on waivers at the beginning of the season when everyone is sending guys down. Adds offense to Laval without using a veteran spot.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He had big points in junior, zilch in minors. Reason sounds like lack of skating?? Big man.
How do you call it "zilch"? He has 26 points in 43 games. Ylonen, who many of us like, has 27 in 42.

Schnarr was pretty close to a PPG until he went down with injury.

Reactions: Habs514

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad