Eklund Rumor: Nashville- Toronto- Rangers

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
scared as to what the leafs would give up if this was true. maybe eklund is just exaggerating

exaggerating?? How in sweet holy hell do we still give this guy any credibility whatsoever? Don't tell me he got a trade right 5 years ago, that would still be like a .0001% accuracy rate.

Dumb as shit and you guys continually fall for his stinky garbage.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
McDonagh would be an excellent pickup depending on the cost. Can't think of a better suited player for the Leafs needs.

I don't know, I'd rather have Parayko, or Doughty, or Pietrangelo, or a dozen other guys. Of course though, it's that pesky cost that's the sticking point.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
If Toronto traded for McD before deadline, expect to pay Top Dollar.

I dont care whether you rate McD or not but he is a #1 dman on one of the most consistent play off teams in the league.

The price will be very very high and Marner / Nylander is not as unrealistic as you may think.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff ( pay attention) Leaf management has stated over and over they are NOT trading young players for older players no matter what you think it's going to cost so McD is a no go!!!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I dont care whether you rate McD or not but he is a #1 dman on one of the most consistent play off teams in the league.

The price will be very very high and Marner / Nylander is not as unrealistic as you may think.
You may get a Marner/Nylander level return for McD....but i highly doubt if will be from Toronto.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Where do you guys come up with this stuff ( pay attention) Leaf management has stated over and over they are NOT trading young players for older players no matter what you think it's going to cost so McD is a no go!!!

You may get a Marner/Nylander level return for McD....but i highly doubt if will be from Toronto.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

Theres no comparable players in the league that would go for McD. None.

That price is so beyond unrealistic. The price for Marner or Nylander would be for a defenceman of similar age with number 1 upside and long term control. Werenski, Jones, Parayko, Provorov, Hanifin, etc. Not a 30 year old player with a year and a half left.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying those players mentioned are available, or that value is fair 1:1, I'm saying thats the type of return it would take Toronto to even consider moving one of their core young forward pieces.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't know, I'd rather have Parayko, or Doughty, or Pietrangelo, or a dozen other guys. Of course though, it's that pesky cost that's the sticking point.
None of those have been mentioned as being available.
Of the available names I'd take McDonagh

Jun 27, 2005
I don't think non Leaf fans quite understand how the Leafs value Nylander and especially Marner. For example 3 games ago, Marner had 5 points, 2 games ago Nylander had 2 goals and an assist and last game Marner's new centerman Kadri had 5 points. There will be unrest in the streets if the Leafs trade Marner.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Then its a good thing you aren't making decisions for the Leafs.
True, but i also believe our management when they say they have no interest in moving multiple youth pieces for older players....so there's that i guess.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Put him on ignore, you won't regret it. Dude is exceptionally misinformed about the Leafs and he still tries his darnest to be a troll.
Acts like a gazorpian/scary terry on these boards but he’s really a Morty.... jeez

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
The fact this site has a “Eklund rumour” thread heading is a little weird.... it’s like he’s in a bullshit category of his own. How can people post stuff like this when there are so many other credible sources.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Probably Kapenen, Dermott and 1st for McD

well thats clearly too much for 100+ games of a guy we would then have to pay 9 mil or watch walk.

Dermott has 7pts and is +8 in his first 16 games. Leafs have been playing at a 120+pt pace with him in the lineup.
They might move Kapanen?Liljegren + 1st in a deal, but I dont see Dermott going anywhere

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
NYR :
Liljegren
Leivo
2019 1st
2018 2nd

Tor:
Mcdonagh

Liljegren is not enough for Ryan Mc. - maybe if u switch the 1st in 2018 and we are closer to a deal, because we need to aim for snipers in this draft, and 2018 is a deep draft with many promising high end prospects. Otherwise I like the proposal. :)
Maybe Leivo will play on our 4th line so it`s a minor upgrade.

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

It is completely unrealistic. Any young players on roster are 100% off limits with the exception of Leivo, Carrick and Borgman. Full stop. Babcock would likely riot if Lou even breathed the names of Hyman or Brown, as well.

Leafs will trade prospects within their system and picks. They'd probably go nuts with picks. Plus any veteran on their roster as long as it makes sense. Leafs aren't going to wreck a huge chunk of what makes them successful in the hopes of potentially fixing something that makes them struggle. It's like the absolutely dumbest move any team would make. (see: Oilers) why? Because something is working. And the thing that isn't may actually still not work and look! Now we can't defend or score!

Just look how the Leafs said JVR is unavailable... they would NOT sacrifice his offense for an improvement... what makes you think in any way shape or form that they would offer an infinitely more valuable piece?! Leafs aren't going to destroy their rebuild to satisfy the jollies of some HFBoards rangers fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad