Nashville press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
The Nashville Predators GM Tony Kapfenberger as well as Team Captain Brad Lukowich held a press conference this evening about rumors the Nashville players would not allow Vandermeer coming back to the team following his actions in the game against the Vancouver Canucks which earned the tough defenseman a 5 game suspension. (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=220043)

Brad Lukowich's statement: "There is no truth to the rumors we, the Nashville Predators players, want to lock out Jim Vandermeer. We actually had a players meeting this afternoon and Jimmy was there. We talked about that game and what happened and Jimmy said he is sorry for what happened. But we also do understand he had reasons for his actions. The Vancouver game was very rough from the first minute on and emotions have gone too high. But hockey is a tough game and things like that happen. We are looking forward to meet the Vancouver Canucks again."

GM Tony Kapfenberger's statement: "I don't know where those rumors come from, but I think we have to act quickly to get this out of way. We want our players to play hockey and not deal with that kind of stuff. Obviously Jim Vandermeer's actions in the Vancouver game were not very supportive for the Nashville Predators and the sports of hockey. But I also have to defend him. Everybody who was at that game could see what happened right from the start of that game. The Canucks played a very agitating style resulting in a lot of penalties. And finally this got out of hand. I think the 5 game suspension is more than enough penalty. We will welcome back Jim Vandermeer in our lineup after his suspension and certainly hope he can be the the player we want him to be, tough and reliable. We will also have a meeting with the leagues officiating department about that game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad