Confirmed with Link: Nashville Predators Sign Filip Forsberg to a Six-Year, $36 Million Contract

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
giphy.gif

My daughter is happy her FF jersey is good for six years or until she out grows it

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Best news of the offseason! Fair price. Long term deal. Gives us a bit of flexibility. Love it.

This is a fair deal for both sides. Also, to the people screaming that this is some miracle of a deal, there is no Poile 'magic' going on here, give me a break. Poile got a good price without having to include a NTC or NMC no doubt. Forsberg gets a hefty raise and he will be UFA at 28 years old. If his career continues as it has, he is going to get PAID again with a lot of hockey left in him.

But this not a steal of a deal. Duchene, Hall, RNH, Barkov, Seguin, etc. are all close to what Forsberg is making now. He is getting fair market value for his services. Forsberg probably could have got a bit more money had he went to 8 years - but I think he probably gave up a bit of avg. salary to get to UFA sooner.

Still, nice deal for both.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Kid is very exciting to watch, good deal for the Preds.

I noticed Forsberg only put up 4 points in the playoffs after a very strong finish to the season. Anyone comment on this? I tried to watch Nashville as much as I could in the playoffs but I'm sure a legit Preds first fan might have some better input.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Kid is very exciting to watch, good deal for the Preds.

I noticed Forsberg only put up 4 points in the playoffs after a very strong finish to the season. Anyone comment on this? I tried to watch Nashville as much as I could in the playoffs but I'm sure a legit Preds first fan might have some better input.

He was nursing an injured back.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Great, great deal!! This was awesome news. I'm so happy it is for 6 years and not just 2-4. I love his comments about being happy here and really wanting to be a part of what is building. :handclap::yo:

Plus I feel like this could set up for Forsberg to get an 'A' after Fisher retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad