Nashville Predators Hockey Talk - Playoffs 2024

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I suppose we can also hope that Lauzon develops that aspect of his game more. He pretty clearly wants to be known as one of the toughest D-men in the league so hopefully he realizes during these playoffs that the net front is where you prove yourself to be that type of player moreso than piling up a bunch of hits on the half wall.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I suppose it depends on the NHL model and what they are going to allow in terms of rules enforcement to some extent. Maybe there was a hunch that things were trending towards allowing more room for smaller good-skating defenseman that could move the puck and transition well... and all the new superstars like Hughes and Makar leading the way with your Fox and Josi types is all well and good if they're THAT good at the top of your lineup... but... I wonder how much of that is going to work as you move your way down the pairings?

If Myers and Zadorov types are going to be given free rein to manhandle opponents in the defensive zone, and the rulebook still isn't going to be enforced in the playoffs... well, that would hardly be any break from tradition nor should it come as any great surprise or shock. It has usually been that way, hence the historic tendencies for NHL GMs to value big tough D at the draft or in trades/FA markets. Maybe things aren't actually going to change as much as had been projected/hoped for at one point? In which case... indeed our D (present and forthcoming) may have some issues. Our better D prospects are on the smaller side, and the few bigger guys we have (Prokop, Matier, Livingstone) don't really play all that tough and may be longshots to make the NHL? :dunno:
But dont really draft those tough players that much unless theyre just highly talented which is pretty rare. The shea weber types are hard to come by. The swallow the whistles junk that tends to happen in the playoffs doesnt happen in the 82 game regular season and you cant fill your roster with a bunch of lumbering useless pylons. Gotta have balance and size for the sake of size just gets us schenn

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
But dont really draft those tough players that much unless theyre just highly talented which is pretty rare. The shea weber types are hard to come by. The swallow the whistles junk that tends to happen in the playoffs doesnt happen in the 82 game regular season and you cant fill your roster with a bunch of lumbering useless pylons. Gotta have balance and size for the sake of size just gets us schenn
We should just keep 2 rosters of players. Swap them in and out with LTIR.

• Haha
Reactions: Kat Predator

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I suppose it depends on the NHL model and what they are going to allow in terms of rules enforcement to some extent. Maybe there was a hunch that things were trending towards allowing more room for smaller good-skating defenseman that could move the puck and transition well... and all the new superstars like Hughes and Makar leading the way with your Fox and Josi types is all well and good if they're THAT good at the top of your lineup... but... I wonder how much of that is going to work as you move your way down the pairings?

If Myers and Zadorov types are going to be given free rein to manhandle opponents in the defensive zone, and the rulebook still isn't going to be enforced in the playoffs... well, that would hardly be any break from tradition nor should it come as any great surprise or shock. It has usually been that way, hence the historic tendencies for NHL GMs to value big tough D at the draft or in trades/FA markets. Maybe things aren't actually going to change as much as had been projected/hoped for at one point? In which case... indeed our D (present and forthcoming) may have some issues. Our better D prospects are on the smaller side, and the few bigger guys we have (Prokop, Matier, Livingstone) don't really play all that tough and may be longshots to make the NHL? :dunno:
Seems like the NHL Refs cracked down on a lot during the Reg season but for the playoffs, anything almost goes!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Myers and Zadorov are the #2 and #4 Cap hits on the Vancouver D, so they aren't priced as lumbering useless pylons anyway. Heck, they couldn't even give Myers away at one point in the offseason. (To us!) But then they'll both be UFAs again, and I'm sure they'll Get Paid.

Even Schenn, the way Trotz talked about him when he signed him, I can see glimpses of that idea now - albeit admittedly it's still just 1 game - that weren't evident for most of the first part of the regular season.

We'll see... maybe it is too much hand-wringing over just 1 game, though. Hopefully this all swings back in a different direction with another game. :scared:

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Myers and Zadorov are the #2 and #4 Cap hits on the Vancouver D, so they aren't priced as lumbering useless pylons anyway. Heck, they couldn't even give Myers away at one point in the offseason. (To us!) But then they'll both be UFAs again, and I'm sure they'll Get Paid.

Even Schenn, the way Trotz talked about him when he signed him, I can see glimpses of that idea now - albeit admittedly it's still just 1 game - that weren't evident for most of the first part of the regular season.

We'll see... maybe it is too much hand-wringing over just 1 game, though. Hopefully this all swings back in a different direction with another game. :scared:
Myers was seen as a capdump that took incentive for a team to take on just last summer. Zadorov is actually a useful player... i just find it hard to believe that a player that has a net -1.15 penalties/60 in the regular season managed to keep his nose clean in game 1. It's only 1 game though and his career playoff stats are in line with his regular season stats.

We held in there for game 1 and if saros made a save on the 1st goal and the defense didnt pull a dumbass on goal 3 we possibly win.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The Preds got manhandled in game one but there seems to be a lot of overreaction to a single game. Sure the last 10 haven't been great but this team doesn't suddenly suck just because of the first post season game. Let's at least see how game 2 goes before we give up and start worrying about the long term team makeup.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Preds got manhandled in game one but there seems to be a lot of overreaction to a single game.

Agree with this. If I hadn't watched the game, just reading some of the comments from Preds fans on social media you would have thought we got beat 6-1. We didn't play great especially in the 3rd period- Josi/Forsberg and Saros all had off games- and despite all of that we led with 11 minutes left in the game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The Preds got manhandled in game one but there seems to be a lot of overreaction to a single game. Sure the last 10 haven't been great but this team doesn't suddenly suck just because of the first post season game. Let's at least see how game 2 goes before we give up and start worrying about the long term team makeup.
100%. A bad goal on Saros and a defensive breakdown away from being up 1-0. And while Vancouver had the better of the play, Demko also made some key saves that kept us at 2. I am not confident, and being the lesser team in the regular season that's fine, but the lack of respect the guys are getting even among our own fans is a bit sad.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
When I looked before we knew we played Vancouver, it was like $120 (fees included) for the seat I was looking at. After the schedule was set it jumped about $50-60.

I'm wondering about the secondary market if the Preds win game 2 after the Demko injury? Nucks fans have PTSD about goalies getting hurt in round 1.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm wondering about the secondary market if the Preds win game 2 after the Demko injury? Nucks fans have PTSD about goalies getting hurt in round 1.

So have any of you guys bought tix for games 3/4 on the secondary market? We are not season ticket holders anymore so I buy almost all of my Preds tickets on the secondary market, using various ticket sites. Normally when buying tix, even through a 3rd party site like SeatGeek, Stubhub, etc. you get an email from the venue/Ticketmaster stating that "John Smith wants to send you tickets"- you then log into your ticketmaster account, accept the ticket transfer and then those Preds tickets are in your ticketmaster account, you can put in your wallet, etc.

But this time when I bought through Seat Geek that did not happen, I never got an email like that and the only way I can see my tickets is going into the SeatGeek account and clicking on a link- my tickets are there and look legit, but I have no way of putting them in my Ticketmaster account or moving them to my wallet, etc. The tickets look exactly like all tickets usually do, but don't say anything about Ticketmaster in the link.

I THINK I am ok here but in all my years of buying Preds tickets it has never happened this way. SeatGeek help is basically useless but they say I am good and have a guarantee.

Anyone have thoughts or seen anything similar?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
So have any of you guys bought tix for games 3/4 on the secondary market? We are not season ticket holders anymore so I buy almost all of my Preds tickets on the secondary market, using various ticket sites. Normally when buying tix, even through a 3rd party site like SeatGeek, Stubhub, etc. you get an email from the venue/Ticketmaster stating that "John Smith wants to send you tickets"- you then log into your ticketmaster account, accept the ticket transfer and then those Preds tickets are in your ticketmaster account, you can put in your wallet, etc.

But this time when I bought through Seat Geek that did not happen, I never got an email like that and the only way I can see my tickets is going into the SeatGeek account and clicking on a link- my tickets are there and look legit, but I have no way of putting them in my Ticketmaster account or moving them to my wallet, etc. The tickets look exactly like all tickets usually do, but don't say anything about Ticketmaster in the link.

I THINK I am ok here but in all my years of buying Preds tickets it has never happened this way. SeatGeek help is basically useless but they say I am good and have a guarantee.

Anyone have thoughts or seen anything similar?
If they are treating these tickets like the "Gold" games the broker that is selling the tickets will probably meet you at the arena to get the tickets on to your phone. I have to sell a lot of my tickets, the company I use has someone there to get you logged into my ticket account, get the tickets into your "wallet" then log you back out of my account. I'd guess it's something like this.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If they are treating these tickets like the "Gold" games the broker that is selling the tickets will probably meet you at the arena to get the tickets on to your phone. I have to sell a lot of my tickets, the company I use has someone there to get you logged into my ticket account, get the tickets into your "wallet" then log you back out of my account. I'd guess it's something like this.
I don't think that is the case in my situation. There is no one for me to meet.

Just to be clear, I have the tickets that I bought- they look legit, has the bar code, etc. But I never had to log into Ticketmaster and accept the transfer and they never wound up in my Ticketmaster account and I can't move them to my wallet. I am just going to hope all will be good but the bad thing is I won't know until entering the arena Friday- ughh/lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad