Nashville Predators Hockey Talk - Playoffs 2024

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Looking forward to being able to watch Josi closely. Guy is unreal. Toss up for the Morris between Hughes and Josi in my opinion, both guys instrumental in bringing a team that was 50/50 to make it into the playoffs.

I apologize for our few brain-dead trolls that will inevitably do their best to stir things up. Here's to a good, hopefully clean series.
Have to say the same about Hughes.

Nucks are one of those teams I don't mind one way or another, so I haven't been watching them at all. Didn't see any of the regular season games this year either.
I just hope anyone from our bracket or the EDM - LAK (Don't hate either of these teams and I can easily cheer for Ekholm and Arvy) series goes all the way, because f those other teams in west.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Have to say the same about Hughes.

Nucks are one of those teams I don't mind one way or another, so I haven't been watching them at all. Didn't see any of the regular season games this year either.
I just hope anyone from our bracket or the EDM - LAK (Don't hate either of these teams and I can easily cheer for Ekholm and Arvy) series goes all the way, because f those other teams in west.

And here I just noticed I typoed Norris as Morris. Thanks :)

I don't know if Van fans can agree with you, somehow a rivalry has sprung out of the ashes with Edmonton. LAK I suppose we are relatively apathetic about. What's the Nashville beef with Winnipeg?

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
I heard someone on a podcast say they wanted to see Barrie paired with Stastny during the POs because the played well during the season. I thought that was a bad take, but I also don’t remember them ever playing together. Anyone here remember this pairing?

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand

I don't know if Van fans can agree with you, somehow a rivalry has sprung out of the ashes with Edmonton. LAK I suppose we are relatively apathetic about. What's the Nashville beef with Winnipeg?
We've had some very chippy games with them over the years, one playoff series and they hate us cause we"re a hockey doesn't belong here southern franchise.

Reactions: Gnashville and jd22

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Division rival. Eliminated us from the playoffs the year we won the Presidents Trophy. And they got their team via relocation which was a sore subject for us having almost had the same fate

Reactions: jd22

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
We've had some very chippy games with them over the years, one playoff series and they hate us cause we"re a hockey doesn't belong here southern franchise.

That's right, how dare you have hockey in a place that makes economic sense for it. Didn't someone consider the butthurt Canadians before deciding Nashville is a potentially successful market? The inhumanity.

Reactions: SouthNash

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If there was an avatar, it would have to be U2 based. I'd say theSphere but people would confuse us with Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...like losing?

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Win or lose, just hoping for a good series where the refs don't get involved.

Will be jumping on the Preds bandwagon if they knock out my Canucks.

Good luck :)
Well I guess that is shot! Refs DID play a role in the game even though the Preds had 4 PP. Should have had way more than that! Nucks played fast and a HARD game!

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Been worried about this for a few weeks now but if these playoffs are going to go anywhere the top line has to be better. Point totals are being propped up by the PP but looking at the plus minus proves what the eyes are seeing. These guys have been getting run over 5v5 lately.
Screenshot_20240422-150934_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240422-151026_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: JR303 and triggrman

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We have now lost SIX straight game 1's. The last time we won a game one in a playoff series was 2018- the President's Trophy season- beat Colorado 5-2 on the way to a 4-2 series win. That, of course, was also the last time we won a playoff series. Yikes

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
We have now lost SIX straight game 1's. The last time we won a game one in a playoff series was 2018- the President's Trophy season- beat Colorado 5-2 on the way to a 4-2 series win. That, of course, was also the last time we won a playoff series. Yikes

If we have a 50/50 chance of winning each game (we definitely don't), there is a 1.6% chance of this happening

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Gotta hope O'Reilly has the juice to pull Forsberg back into the fight physically and get him back to dominating 5v5. That's the key moving forward.

Honorable mention to Saros not giving up soft goals.

Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Gotta hope O'Reilly has the juice to pull Forsberg back into the fight physically and get him back to dominating 5v5. That's the key moving forward.

Honorable mention to Saros not giving up soft goals.
I'm hoping it was a bit of a shell shock and they get on it the next game. Little worried its going to be like the Dallas series and they just run and hide.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I'm hoping it was a bit of a shell shock and they get on it the next game. Little worried its going to be like the Dallas series and they just run and hide.
Yep, this is where Josi, Forsberg, and Saros prove that they have what it takes in the playoffs. In 17 they had cover from other players, now they are the top players that have to come through and carry the team. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: PredsV82

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Yep, this is where Josi, Forsberg, and Saros prove that they have what it takes in the playoffs. In 17 they had cover from other players, now they are the top players that have to come through and carry the team. Hoping for the best.
Agreed but others WILL need to step up of this will end fast. The physicality overwhelmed several of the players and it showed. Nucks dictated how the game was played and the Preds were playing to react. The Announcers in the Isles/Canes game mentioned the Preds game in how the Canes came back because they did not stop playing and the Isles did stop playing their game like the Preds did. They tried to not lose and it cost them.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Seeing how we got manhandled physically in Game One, I am contemplating our current plan in re-constructing our defense.

Molendyk obviously looks like a steal and has the tools to become a star in the NHL. No complaints in having a guy like him around.

But. The rest. Carrier is a smallish defenseman who got stomped in Game One. Fabbro is neither big nor physical either. He's a hybrid defensemen which is nice but ultimately nothing to write home about. Statsney is a great skater but on the smaller side as well. MDG, ditto. Ufko is a sub 6-foot puck-moving defenseman.

When I'm looking at our game and reflecting it to our future, I do believe that the defense might become a huge issue sooner than we think. Josi and McD are both 33+, they are not around much longer. We're already paper-thin back there and it's not looking to get any better.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Seeing how we got manhandled physically in Game One, I am contemplating our current plan in re-constructing our defense.

Molendyk obviously looks like a steal and has the tools to become a star in the NHL. No complaints in having a guy like him around.

But. The rest. Carrier is a smallish defenseman who got stomped in Game One. Fabbro is neither big nor physical either. He's a hybrid defensemen which is nice but ultimately nothing to write home about. Statsney is a great skater but on the smaller side as well. MDG, ditto. Ufko is a sub 6-foot puck-moving defenseman.

When I'm looking at our game and reflecting it to our future, I do believe that the defense might become a huge issue sooner than we think. Josi and McD are both 33+, they are not around much longer. We're already paper-thin back there and it's not looking to get any better.
I suppose it depends on the NHL model and what they are going to allow in terms of rules enforcement to some extent. Maybe there was a hunch that things were trending towards allowing more room for smaller good-skating defenseman that could move the puck and transition well... and all the new superstars like Hughes and Makar leading the way with your Fox and Josi types is all well and good if they're THAT good at the top of your lineup... but... I wonder how much of that is going to work as you move your way down the pairings?

If Myers and Zadorov types are going to be given free rein to manhandle opponents in the defensive zone, and the rulebook still isn't going to be enforced in the playoffs... well, that would hardly be any break from tradition nor should it come as any great surprise or shock. It has usually been that way, hence the historic tendencies for NHL GMs to value big tough D at the draft or in trades/FA markets. Maybe things aren't actually going to change as much as had been projected/hoped for at one point? In which case... indeed our D (present and forthcoming) may have some issues. Our better D prospects are on the smaller side, and the few bigger guys we have (Prokop, Matier, Livingstone) don't really play all that tough and may be longshots to make the NHL? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad