Nashville Predators Hockey Talk - Playoffs 2024

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You make things way too f***ing complicated.

It's time for a goalie who is as good as he is to win a series. That statement says nothing about blame if we lose. The team could play like shit, or whatever. I am just saying he's due. And this team is capable enough that it won't take a miracle.
I'd just be a lot more ready for the Yaro Era, with Saros UFA year looming, if all we're going to ever get with Juice is two extra home games and adieu.

Reactions: SouthNash

Loyal Legion

Nov 24, 2019
I thought I saw on ESPN at the bottom of their screen that game 1 is Sunday night at 9pm eastern. I don’t see it on the NHL or ESPN website.
Can someone confirm this or was I just seeing things?

Edit: Adz confirmed it.
Game 1 Sunday night at 9pm.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Joy. It wouldn’t be Preds playoff hockey without a bunch of 9pm start times. There is a Tim McGraw thing on Thursday (what a coincidence) so we’re probably looking at Fri/Sun for games 3 and 4. Hopefully we can get at least one decent start time on Sunday.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Yeah, main board is also already obnoxious. Apparently we're playing the second coming of the '96 Wings. Just a reminder the less I pay attention to message boards the more I enjoy the sport. :laugh:
Now you’re just tempting me to get suspended again. I better stay away from there

So just to be clear... we're all agreed that Saros has had a grand total of 1 lacklustre playoff series, right? The Arizona Covid play-in series when the whole team pretty much shat the bed? :dunno:

Against Carolina he stood on his head, even though we lost the series. He was injured and didn't play against Colorado. It wasn't his fault the team picked Rinne before that when Saros was looking amazing every time he stepped in to gapfill.

I don't feel like there's enough of a track record to really call him out on. If we lose, it's not automatically going to be his fault. The team in front of him simply isn't as talented as the opponents. So while it'll be nice if he stands on his head and steals the series, that's not exactly something I feel is fair to EXPECT of him? :dunno:
I’m gonna take the Rob Brindamor route and declare we didnt lose that CAR series. Check and matez

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Now you’re just tempting me to get suspended again. I better stay away from there

I’m gonna take the Rob Brindamor route and declare we didnt lose that CAR series. Check and matez
It's not THAT outlandish. Didn't we blow late leads in two games that probably would have won us the series had we not?

Reactions: bdub24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Vancouver Canucks (1P) vs. Nashville Predators (WC1)

Game 1: Predators at Canucks -- Sunday, 10 p.m. ET (ESPN, SN, SN360, TVAS)
Game 2: Predators at Canucks -- April 23, 10 p.m. ET ( ESPN2, SN, TVAS)
Game 3: Canucks at Predators -- April 26, 7:30 p.m. ET (TBS, MAX, SN, TVAS)
Game 4: Canucks at Predators -- April 28, 5 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
Game 5: Predators at Canucks -- April 30, TBD
Game 6: Canucks at Predators -- May 3, TBD
Game 7: Predators at Canucks -- May 5, TBD

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

I am loving our home schedule here- can't ask for much better, especially for us out of towners making the trips for the games.

So many Canucks fans on Reddit complaining about the territory ticket pricing they can’t get tickets to the Preds playoff game in Nashville. My heart bleeds for them.

As a fan outside the territory, I understand this is my sacrifice to the team
I will never understand people getting so worked up over this- MANY teams do this and it doesn't affect anyone's ability to find tickets one iota. If you want to come to a game, any game, it is not a problem to find tickets

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I am loving our home schedule here- can't ask for much better, especially for us out of towners making the trips for the games.

I will never understand people getting so worked up over this- MANY teams do this and it doesn't affect anyone's ability to find tickets one iota. If you want to come to a game, any game, it is not a problem to find tickets

Yeah this home schedule landed about as well as it could. And to your second point, the playoffs are such a long stretch and it’s not like people fully blackout their schedules. For instance, we’ll likely be out of town for game 6 but think we’ll have to buy those tickets as part of our agreement regardless. I’m certainly not going to just eat them so will find a way to sell them.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

10 PM EST start times on SUN and TUES when i have to get up for work at 5:00 AM the next day... FML.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
10 PM EST start times on SUN and TUES when i have to get up for work at 5:00 AM the next day... FML.

I hear that. Just glad I don’t have to roll out of bed until 6 those mornings. Friday is actually a little rougher for us (but could have been worse with a later start) due to the Nashville marathon Saturday morning. I’m really hoping that one doesn’t go to OT.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Wow. Ticket prices jumped quite a bit from this morning to when the game times were officially announced

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad