Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I've really liked Zucker's game a lot now that he's getting settled in. Beauvillier has shown a few flashes but haven't seen a ton out of him. Will be interesting to see if we stick with the lines we ran for the second half of the game last night moving forward or go back to what we've been running.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Someone mentioned Josi being over ppg in last nights gdt. I did some stat snooping this morning and don’t understand why he’s so far down in the Vegas odds to win. Any ideas? He’s not too far behind Hughes in points/ppg at this point. Best that I can find in actually scoring goals. His defensive metrics are fine. So what’s the problem? The slow start?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Someone mentioned Josi being over ppg in last nights gdt. I did some stat snooping this morning and don’t understand why he’s so far down in the Vegas odds to win. Any ideas? He’s not too far behind Hughes in points/ppg at this point. Best that I can find in actually scoring goals. His defensive metrics are fine. So what’s the problem? The slow start?
I can’t find any odds updated more recently than a two weeks ago but I’d guess now he’s probably hopped over Dobson and Bouchard. Probably still pretty firmly behind Hughes and Makar and battling for 3rd with Hedman. Makar and Hedman rightly or wrongly get the bump for being all situation players too.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
There was a GDT?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I can’t find any odds updated more recently than a two weeks ago but I’d guess now he’s probably hopped over Dobson and Bouchard. Probably still pretty firmly behind Hughes and Makar and battling for 3rd with Hedman. Makar and Hedman rightly or wrongly get the bump for being all situation players too.
Josi is also hurt because it took him a while to get going. Since the voters for the Norris are writers, they usually have their minds made up by December.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Notice how ignored Nashville is in press? Just tied the point streak record for franchise and not even in the list of NHL.com headlines. TSN.CA does have a prominent link at least.
You know what? Everybody ignores this team at their peril. The are Relentless as the hats say. Facing them post season playing like this you would be steamrolled.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I would say that most of the NHL press/fans consider us the Perds and not Smashville. No respect whatsoever! Nontraditional market, no major elite player, no major press coverage, not an O6 team. All the NHL channel talks about are Canadian teams and Rangers/Chicago(Bedard)/Avs. Its hard to watch.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We have had two bad stretches, 5-10-0 to start the season, then 3-7-1 culminating in the Dallas blowout. 32-8-3 the rest of the season.

Just really, really need to avoid another bad stretch.

If this current run really does reflect the fact that the guys have finally learned Brunos system them holy shit, what a system it is

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We have had two bad stretches, 5-10-0 to start the season, then 3-7-1 culminating in the Dallas blowout. 32-8-3 the rest of the season.

Just really, really need to avoid another bad stretch.

If this current run really does reflect the fact that the guys have finally learned Brunos system them holy shit, what a system it is
I do worry that it is a system that works because teams don't see it much, but when you get in a 7 game series they have much more time to game plan specifically for it.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
You act like that means it can be stopped by understanding it...lol. they're using the term relentless. You're going to have to out work them first and then play your system. Tonight will be a team that's played his system and has the best chance at stopping it. Colorado couldn't match, Winnipeg couldn't match. Now that they are actually playing it...well...how many teams are getting goals from every line and pairing on a regular basis

Reactions: SouthNash

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
You act like that means it can be stopped by understanding it...lol. they're using the term relentless. You're going to have to out work them first and then play your system. Tonight will be a team that's played his system and has the best chance at stopping it. Colorado couldn't match, Winnipeg couldn't match. Now that they are actually playing it...well...how many teams are getting goals from every line and pairing on a regular basis
Let's not get to big headed. We are on a roll. So are the Stars, Avs and Jets right now. Heck the top Central is killing every team right now. That's why the Preds haven't been able to catch up to the 3 leaders in the Central. Need Vegas, Wild and Blues to all kind of implode on each other.

Reactions: bdub24

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I would say that most of the NHL press/fans consider us the Perds and not Smashville. No respect whatsoever! Nontraditional market, no major elite player, no major press coverage, not an O6 team. All the NHL channel talks about are Canadian teams and Rangers/Chicago(Bedard)/Avs. Its hard to watch.
The “what Bedard had for lunch” media is hilarious to watch.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Let's not get to big headed. We are on a roll. So are the Stars, Avs and Jets right now. Heck the top Central is killing every team right now. That's why the Preds haven't been able to catch up to the 3 leaders in the Central. Need Vegas, Wild and Blues to all kind of implode on each other.
Not to be a debbie downer because this run is impressive and fun to watch, but we've also only played 4 playoff teams in this 15 game stretch and two of those teams were missing a top player (Eichel for Vegas and Scheifele for the Jets). I think this next stretch of six games will be really telling on how good we actually are. Five of six games are against playoff teams and that includes the 1st, 2nd, and 6th best teams in the league. If we roll through them like we have teams the last few weeks than I'll be a true believer in this team.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Not to be a debbie downer because this run is impressive and fun to watch, but we've also only played 4 playoff teams in this 15 game stretch and two of those teams were missing a top player (Eichel for Vegas and Scheifele for the Jets). I think this next stretch of six games will be really telling on how good we actually are. Five of six games are against playoff teams and that includes the 1st, 2nd, and 6th best teams in the league. If we roll through them like we have teams the last few weeks than I'll be a true believer in this team.
While true we still beat the teams we should of beaten (haven't always done that), beat a couple of teams ahead of us and then beat some teams that are trying to catch us. The one stinker was the OT loss that they should have won. Still got a point though.

Reactions: hido

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
While true we still beat the teams we should of beaten (haven't always done that), beat a couple of teams ahead of us and then beat some teams that are trying to catch us. The one stinker was the OT loss that they should have won. Still got a point though.
For sure. You can only beat the teams on your schedule and we've done that. We've proven we're a playoff team and now the question is can we be more than that. Obviously the playoffs are the true test, but this upcoming stretch should be pretty revealing too.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Flo Rida couldn't match lol:popcorn::cool: And they had plenty of rest!
It came to me tonight ... at this point it's becoming a conditioning thing, they're actually physically recovering between games enough to sustain 3 periods. Might be the difference between the earlier "losing leads"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad