Pre-Game Talk: Nashvile @ SENS, Mon 7pm

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Time to make a statement Sogy

Honestly, I can live with Sogaard playing like crap. at least if we're lucky, he's still at the stage where he'll learn from it, and if he doesn't learn from it at least we know it's time to move on (or send him for more seasoning).

Korpisalo though is the exact opposite of what a young team needs, he's letting in the deflating goals and is what he is. Murray got sent to the minors for less, 33 games into his career with the sens, an .892 sv% and 10-19-1 record across two seasons and we shipped him off to Belleville, Korpisalo is 31 games in on a better roster, .886 sv% with a 10-16-2 record.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Honestly, I can live with Sogaard playing like crap. at least if we're lucky, he's still at the stage where he'll learn from it, and if he doesn't learn from it at least we know it's time to move on (or send him for more seasoning).

Korpisalo though is the exact opposite of what a young team needs, he's letting in the deflating goals and is what he is. Murray got sent to the minors for less, 33 games into his career with the sens, an .892 sv% and 10-19-1 record across two seasons and we shipped him off to Belleville, Korpisalo is 31 games in on a better roster, .886 sv% with a 10-16-2 record.
The hope with Sogy as well is he inspires the team to tighten it up in front of him and put in that extra effort to help him out. Not sure what positives Korpi inspires.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
I hope Mads sees the chance in front of him. Our goalies have been awful this yr he has a real chance to grab the number 1 spot. I hope he jumps at it

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

Time to make a statement Sogy

giphy.gif

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Maybe they're trying to showcase Kubalik for a trade.

I doubt it lasts long. JM has trusted him in a 1st line role and in all situations so I don't think it's related to his on ice play.
He hasn’t been very good since they moved him to wing. No idea if it’s the position, linemates, rookie slump or whatever.

But either way he’ll find a permanent spot in the top 9 by the time we reach the trade deadline if not sooner so should be fine.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Idk about Greig on the 4th line... Hope that doesn't last long.

They are giving Kubalik a chance to succeed/show his worth. If he doesn't respond, he gets limited ice-time/gets moved in game to the 4th line. Greig also cooled off a little bit, but I still see him deployed in key situations/having similar types of minutes.

Hope Kubalik's being given a chance to showcase himself to a ticket out of town at TDL.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If kubalik and tarasenko both play lights out the rest of the way .. . Staios might be able to recoup a bit of what Dorion blundered away with Dadonov and Debrincat.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The NHL all star break and game is such a joke. If the NHLPA wants a few days off I'd much rather schedule a mid season frozen 4 where the top 4 ranked teams play off and the games count in the standings.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
The NHL all star break and game is such a joke. If the NHLPA wants a few days off I'd much rather schedule a mid season frozen 4 where the top 4 ranked teams play off and the games count in the standings.
They are trying so hard to be like the NBA, what they don't realize is that they have a bunch of white doorknobs to showcase.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'd rather they play the bottom four teams for an extra ball in the draft lottery or something. That way, I have meaningful Sens hockey to watch every season.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad