Proposal: Nash-Tor

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
First I wanna say I don't want to trade subban. He's been great for our team and community. He is a class act guy who can rub people the wrong way with his nastiness on the ice. He had a down year because of injuries but his 9 points in the last 11 games was proof he was getting back into Norris form. But with fabbro coming into form and looks to be ready for an increased role plus we need more offense from our forwards someone has to go. As much as I want it to be Ellis I just don't see poile trading a player he just signed. So the trade is

Nashville- Nylander, kadri, marleau and Bracco

Toronto- Subban and Sissons(extended 2.25 for 5 years)

Toronto would save roughly 6.5 million making this deal. They get a replacement and cheaper 3c in Sissons and the Norris quality RHD in subban. I'm sure with subban going back home and playing in front of the leafs fans has probably always been his dream so you will see a whole new amped up subban. Subban can also mentor Liljegren into becoming a better pro. They already have a nylander replacement with kapanen which making this deal gives them a better chance to signing him marner and johnsson. Marleau and kadri would have to waive the trade clause which they might going to another contender.

Nashville makes this trade only if they have a suitor to take a chance on turris for a mid to late round pick. Maybe Detroit with turris and mantha showing great chemistry. Nylander is the main piece coming back but nashville would be a little hesitant to play him at center so having kadri play 2c would be the way to go since he already proved he can play 2c well. Marleau could be a great mentor to our team and plus his 6.25 million comes off the books next year leaving plenty money for josi and granlund.

I get there are subban haters that will say no way to this trade but I think subban is still a top defenseman who will make Toronto's blueline a hell of a lot better. And Nashville's forward group gets better with this trade as well. Its just a thought from a fans perspective ;)

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Unless if leafs could add Zaitsev and retain a good portion on Subban that’s a big no from the leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad