Orion capsule successful splash down.

Manned mission next?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Orion capsule successful splash down.

Manned mission next?
Artemis 2 is a planned crewed mission, to perform a flyby of the Moon (think Apollo 8). Currently planned for May 2024, this will almost certainly be pushed back.

Artemis 3 includes a crewed lunar landing and is scheduled for 2025, but of course that's dependent on Artemis 2 as well as the development of the lander. I'd expect both to wind up delayed compared to the schedule (that just seems to be the nature of these things, though it's worth noting that many space vehicles are in fact developed on time and under budget - it's just that makes for really boring headlines).

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Artemis 2 is a planned crewed mission, to perform a flyby of the Moon (think Apollo 8). Currently planned for May 2024, this will almost certainly be pushed back.

Artemis 3 includes a crewed lunar landing and is scheduled for 2025, but of course that's dependent on Artemis 2 as well as the development of the lander. I'd expect both to wind up delayed compared to the schedule (that just seems to be the nature of these things, though it's worth noting that many space vehicles are in fact developed on time and under budget - it's just that makes for really boring headlines).

For Artemis 3, I assume that will be a crew of 4 (or more) with at least 2 going down to the surface. One of them will be a woman!

I remember July 20, 1969 like it was a week ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad