Seravalli: Names to Keep an Eye on Includes Philippe Myers

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

SERAVALLI: 10 buyout candidates this NHL offseason - Daily Faceoff

Given his ability, age and contract this is quite surprising but Saravalli is as dialed in on Philly news as anyone. Also it’s not really clear if he means as a buyout or trade option but I have to assume he’s obviously not being bought out.

Edit: it appears the article has since been edited stating the following

From the bottom of the article:

Editor’s note: Philadelphia’s Philippe Myers was originally included on this list as a name to ‘keep an eye on,’ more so to specifically note Myers’ unique contract structure and how a buyout would actually net the Flyers a future cap credit and not a cap charge in the event of a buyout. Apologies for the lack of clarity.

Last edited:

Jan 21, 2018
How terrible would a kotka/myers swap be? Does Philly even need more centres or do they need more wingers?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Editor’s note: Philadelphia’s Philippe Myers was originally included on this list as a name to ‘keep an eye on,’ more so to specifically note Myers’ unique contract structure and how a buyout would actually net the Flyers a future cap credit and not a cap charge in the event of a buyout. Apologies for the lack of clarity.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Other names to keep an eye on: Mikko Koskinen (Edmonton), Anton Stralman (Florida), Danny DeKeyser (Detroit), Olli Maatta (Los Angeles).

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I thought he was pretty disappointing last year. Lots of physical tools but thought he (like many of the Flyers D) was pretty mistake prone although that could have just been contagious all along that blueline. I think he’s still a bit of a project with an undetermined (though high) upside.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Philippe Myers Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
upload_2021-7-6_15-45-49.png

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Even with his nice buyout feature, why are we keeping an eye on the 4D of a non-playoff team?

You have weird taste in players.
How do you mean?

Myers may have had a down year but anyone that has watched his game knows the talent is there; he’s a great skater, very aggressive on the puck and isn’t afraid of physicality.
You put him in the right situation and he could thrive.

I think he’d be the perfect partner for one of Chabot or Brannstrom in Ottawa. Allowing them to jump up into the play more often and doing what they do best.

Reactions: majormajor

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
How do you mean?

Myers may have had a down year but anyone that has watched his game knows the talent is there; he’s a great skater, very aggressive on the puck and isn’t afraid of physicality.
You put him in the right situation and he could thrive.

I think he’d be the perfect partner for one of Chabot or Brannstrom in Ottawa. Allowing them to jump up into the play more often and doing what they do best.
He played with Chabot at the WJC :popcorn:

Cue the Giroux+Myers to Ottawa trade proposals hahaha

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Idk why the buyout feature is even worth mentioning, seems like random trivia. The Flyers would just trade him straight up for a pick/prospect if they wanted cap savings.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I guess it saves the Wings 1.5 mil but from a roster standpoint I don't really see the point of buying out DD. We have no LDs, and he only has a year left. Unless Stevie works some trade/ UFA magic I just don't see how this makes sense.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He won't be bought out. Plenty of teams will want to trade for him. Not huge value, but there will be suitors. Count Columbus and Ottawa among them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad