Name your Top5 Jersey players 23/24

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Kahkonen got to 12 or 15 starts he'd be right there with the rest of them...Green was only 21 games and the on-ice results weren't much different than the previous 61 games.

The goaltenders before and after the coaching change have very similar results.... cause it's the team.
The team had very different results under Ruff and Green though.

We were on pace for 87 points under Ruff. We won at a 66 point pace under Green. We finished with 81.

The team won at a mediocre, barely over 500 clip under Ruff.

We literally won at a bottom 4-5 in the league/bottom 1–2 in the East clip under Green. 66 points was the worst team in the East this year. And they (Columbus) were the worst team in the East by 10 points.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The team had very different results under Ruff and Green though.

We were on pace for 87 points under Ruff. We won at a 66 point pace under Green. We finished with 81.

The team won at a mediocre, barely over 500 clip under Ruff.

We literally won at a bottom 4-5 in the league/bottom 1–2 in the East clip under Green. 66 points was the worst team in the East this year. And they (Columbus) were the worst team in the East by 10 points.
It wasn't Green though. The team start piling up the L's 20 games before Ruff was fired.

The road trip right before Ruff was fired they went 1-4. The 20 games before Ruff was fired they went 8-12... Exactly the same as Green.

They played like a bottom 5 team for 40 games not just the 20 Green took over.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It wasn't Green though. The team start piling up the L's 20 games before Ruff was fired.

The road trip right before Ruff was fired they went 1-4. The 20 games before Ruff was fired they went 8-12... Exactly the same as Green.

They played like a bottom 5 team for 40 games not just the 20 Green took over.
I think Ruff lost the team at the end, but the way Green had them playing was just horrible. I think it's because he really doesn't know what he's doing. He certainly didn't in Vancouver, nor did he when he was here.

The team was still competitive until that Washington game after the stadium series, which was like Ruff's 6th or 7th to last game here.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Ruff lost the team at the end, but the way Green had them playing was just horrible. I think it's because he really doesn't know what he's doing. He certainly didn't in Vancouver, nor did he when he was here.

The team was still competitive until that Washington game after the stadium series, which was like Ruff's 6th or 7th to last game here.
Yeah but we lost 6 of 8 games before Ruff was fired.

On February 17th we were only 2 points out of the last Wild Card spot....but not because we were good but because everyone else was mediocre too. We had a point percentage of .556 after the outdoor game. 28-22-4.

Then we lost 6 of 8. On Ruff's last game we were 30-27- 4....we were deep into the slide before Green took over. .525 when ruff left and we finished with .494

The difference between .494 and .525 over 21 games is non-existent. It's literally 1 point.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Kahkonen got to 12 or 15 starts he'd be right there with the rest of them...Green was only 21 games and the on-ice results weren't much different than the previous 61 games.

The goaltenders before and after the coaching change have very similar results.... cause it's the team.
I’d be curious if any NJ goalie other than Kahkonen had a six game stretch of .920+ this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d be curious if any NJ goalie other than Kahkonen had a six game stretch of .920+ this season.
I’m pretty sure Allen did upon coming to the team.

He was like a .923% through his first 7 games here.

Which is why I don’t understand why there was that small contingent of people saying Kahkonen was shafted because he was a .923% in 6 games and barely got to play.

Allen was a .923% in his first 6.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I’m pretty sure Allen did upon coming to the team.

He was like a .923% through his first 7 games here.

Which is why I don’t understand why there was that small contingent of people saying Kahkonen was shafted because he was a .923% in 6 games and barely got to play.

Allen was a .923% in his first 6.
So 12 games of .923 and they still struggled. Hard to know what to make of it in a modest sample size but the video guys could probably break ot down.

Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Allen had a .925 after his first 6. 4 wins

Daws had a .916 after his first 6. 3 Wins

Schmid had a 6 game stretch where he was also .916 with 3 wins

Vitek started the season 6-2 in first 8 games but only had a .900

He also had a stretch where he was 4-0-1 with a .877

The team actually won more with worse goaltending :laugh:

My3Sons

Sponsor

Schmid had a 6 game stretch where he was also .916 Games 31 to 36 with 3 wins

That’s an interesting observation. The whole season made no sense so it’s fitting that doesn’t either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Schmid had a 6 game stretch where he was also .916 with 3 wins

That was how bad Travis Green was.

The team was slipping under Lindy at the end and had a couple of horrific games in the last several weeks with him, but they completely bottomed out under Green.

The shot differential was also substantially worse under Green.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That was how bad Travis Green was.

The team was slipping under Lindy at the end and had a couple of horrific games in the last several weeks with him, but they completely bottomed out under Green.

The shot differential was also substantially worse under Green.
I don't think Green is a good coach but I don't think this team was bad or worse because of him either.

He came in with 21 games remaining.... I'm not sure how much anyone can do in 21 games, good or bad The team was really bad...and they tried to modify the system sometime in January before the All Star break under Ruff according to Lazar.

It seems to me that Green was just a continuation of what was already happening.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Green is a good coach but I don't think this team was bad or worse because of him either.

He came in with 21 games remaining.... I'm not sure how much anyone can do in 21 games, good or bad The team was really bad...and they tried to modify the system sometime in January before the All Star break under Ruff according to Lazar.

It seems to me that Green was just a continuation of what was already happening.
I think it was worse under him and all of the metrics right down to win/loss would agree.

And Vancouver was also a joke squad under him.

We will be the laughing stock of the league under him if he stays, which I’m supremely confident he won’t. At least not in a head coaching role.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

It was 6 games but only 4 decisions.

KK played just the 1st period @ ARI and only lasted ~9 minutes vs NSH.

IMG_6380.jpeg

But to answer your question, yes.

Allen’s first 7 games (3/14-3/29)
note the difference in TOI
IMG_6383.jpeg

Schmid’s 4th-9th game (11/3-11/30)
We lost when Schmid had 1 GA & twice when he had 2 GA in this 6 game run.
IMG_6387.jpeg

Daws first 5 games, this is more TOI than KK’s 6 games though (12/29 - 1/15)
IMG_6381.jpeg

Daws got a break between 1/25 and 2/12, and then had a hot start when he came back.
These were his 9th-12th games (2/12-2/17), up to the Stadium game.
IMG_6384.jpeg

Vanecek never pulled off good runs of games, stat-wise, until right before he got injured.

His .920 run was 5 games long which included him replacing Daws @car for ~34 minutes.
These were his 28th-32nd games.
IMG_6387.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It was 6 games but only 4 decisions.

KK played just the 1st period @ ARI and only lasted ~9 minutes vs NSH.

View attachment 857578

But to answer your question, yes.

Allen’s first 7 games (3/14-3/29)
note the difference in TOI
View attachment 857591

Schmid’s 4th-9th game (11/3-11/30)
We lost when Schmid had 1 GA & twice when he had 2 GA in this 6 game run.
View attachment 857597

Daws first 5 games, this is more TOI than KK’s 6 games though (12/29 - 1/15)
View attachment 857585

Daws got a break between 1/25 and 2/12, and then had a hot start when he came back.
These were his 9th-12th games (2/12-2/17), up to the Stadium game.
View attachment 857592

Vanecek never pulled off good runs of games, stat-wise, until right before he got injured.

His .920 run was 5 games long which included him replacing Daws @car for ~34 minutes.
These were his 28th-32nd games.
View attachment 857597
Quick add looks like a 15-18 record with .920+ goaltending.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
1) First month Jack
2) Last month and 1/2 Timo
3) All season Bratt
4) Luke/Nemec potential (warts and all)
5) Lazar / Huala - glue guys - important for the team when full and healthy

Honorable Mention

*Holtz 'playing' all 82 games (11:38 minutes averaged per game). Was 10th in points.... on the team finishing 12th in goal scoring. YES - that is a cherry picked stat. He did show improvement - but the bar was low. Looked more like the rookie year he should have had last year.

** Mercer playing his game down so he gets a lesser contract, than can blow up and be the new best bargain contract in the league. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad